These Stuffed Pizza Rolls taste just like your favorite pizza, combined into a roll and drizzled with a zesty, buttery glaze!
**August 2018 update! this recipe was originally posted in october 2014. i decided that the photos desperately needed updating, so i reshot the recipe (but still kept the ingredient list and directions the same). i also kept the original post/story below that i wrote four year ago!**
It’s a well-known fact in my family that the hubster is a sports addict.
Football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, my husband loves it all! He records various sporting events and talk shows on TV, listens to sports radio, reads ESPN magazine, checks the game scores online, and watches whatever he can to get his sport fix.
If you have a question about sports, chances are the hubster knows it. His knowledge of anything related to subject continues to amaze me. I always tease him that he missed his calling in life to go into sports broadcasting.
Myself, on the other hand, isn’t really into sports. I don’t really watch any type of sporting event on TV (unless it’s college basketball during the NCAA or the occasional Chicago Bulls game). But other than that, it’s a snooze fest for me. While I do enjoy going to sporting events, the rest of it isn’t as appealing as it is to my sports-loving husband.
However, I love to create tasty game day snacks. I’ll take any excuse that I can to whip up something to munch on! And if I have something delicious to snack on, I can last just a little bit in front of the TV watching football. It’s all about the snacks, guys! So in honor of sports fans everywhere (and those who just love a good snack), I created these easy Stuffed Pizza Rolls!
These Stuffed Pizza Rolls taste just like your favorite pizza, combined into a roll and drizzled with zesty, buttery glaze. And if you’re anything like me and can’t get enough of pizza, you’re going to love these bites!
And this zesty snack took just minutes to prepare! You simply flatten refrigerated biscuits, sprinkle in some mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, and then shape the dough into balls. You then brush on a delicious seasoning of butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning, and pop these cuties into the oven.
These Stuffed Pizza Rolls are the perfect game snack! Hubster-approved, simple to make, and full of pizza flavor, you’ll be baking these bites all the time. Serve with warmed pizza sauce, and you have yourself a game day winner!
subscribe to my youtube channel to see how easy this recipe is to make!
Looking for more bread or roll recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Stuffed Pizza Rolls
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- About 2-3 ounces pepperoni roughly chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce for dipping if desired
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly spray a casserole dish or 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Flatten each biscuit with the palm of your hand (or rolling pin). Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and pepperoni onto the center of each biscuit.
- Working one at a time, pinch the sides of the roll upwards to seal the dough, and then roll into a ball. Place into prepared dish. Repeat with each remaining biscuit.
- Combine the melted butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Lightly brush the butter mixture on top of each roll. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the tops.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the rolls brown slightly on top and the dough is firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve with pizza sauce, if desired.