This Grilled Haddock Sandwich makes the perfect lunch or dinner and is full of flavor!
Father’s Day is next weekend, which means that we’re almost halfway through June!
Time sure is flyin’ and I wish it would slow down just a little. But I’m so glad that summer is finally here. And what a better way to celebrate Dad (and the first official day of summer, which is also June 21st) then with some good ‘ole grilling food.
My dad loves seafood. Fish, shrimp, lobster and everything in between, he loves it all. But one dish that he’s particularly fond of is fish. And I have to say that I’m the same, too.
Whether it’s salmon, cod, or walleye, I’m not picky and love it all the same. When I was younger, my family and I would head up to Minnesota every summer and spend a week there. In between fishing, hiking, and swimming, we always managed to catch a few fish that my dad would fry up for dinner. And those were some of the best pieces of fish that I’ve ever had.
But since I’m not able to catch some fresh fish for my dad this weekend, I came up with the next best thing! This Grilled Haddock Sandwich makes the perfect lunch or dinner and is full of flavor. It’s easy to prepare and great summer meal to impress dad with.
This Grilled Haddock Sandwich is seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. It’s seared on the grill and then topped with fresh lettuce, tomato slices, avocado and a zesty ranch mayonnaise. From start to finish, you can have this meal ready in less than 20 minutes. Sounds pretty good, right?
And if you don’t want to use a grill, no problem! The haddock tastes just as good as when it’s baked in the oven or seared on the stove.
Once you bite into this Grilled Haddock Sandwich, your taste buds will thank you. The haddock is perfectly seasoned, while the fresh toppings and ranch mayo provide the perfect touch. It’s a sandwich that you can really sink into! It’s also perfect for celebrating Father’s Day, the start of summer, or any time you feel like you’re in the mood for some delicious seafood.
Looking for more main dish recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Grilled Haddock Sandwich
- 2 haddock filets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder divided
- ¼ teaspoon paprika divided
- 2 bakery style rolls
FOR THE RANCH MAYONNAISE:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dry Ranch dressing mix
- Tomato slices
- Avocado slices
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and ranch dressing mix. Set aside.
- Preheat grill. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over each filet.
- Sprinkle each filet and both sides with ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon paprika.
- Using a grill basket, sear the fish on one side for about 5-6 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side for about 5 minutes, or until tender and flaky. Remove from grill.
- Place one piece of haddock onto each roll. Slather one side with the ranch mayo. Top with your favorite toppings, such as lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Serve immediately.