This post is sponsored by Maille via Honest Cooking. All opinions are my own.
This Tortellini with Mustard Cream sauce combines cheese tortellini, asparagus and a creamy mustard sauce that is suitable for every mustard lover!
Now that summer is almost here, I’ve been consuming a lot of picnic and grilling type foods. Even though I seem to eat these foods year round, they just seem to taste better once the weather gets warmer.
One of my favorite condiments to use on sandwiches, burgers, and brats has always been mustard. I slather this on whatever sandwich I’m eating and then put some on the side so that I can dunk into it. Tell me I’m not the only one that does this?
So when Maille sent me some of their gourmet mustards to try, I could hardly contain my excitement. Since I love plain ‘ole yellow mustard, I knew I would find a new favorite with their exciting flavors.
If you’ve heard of Maille before, then you know that they have been producing high quality products for over 267 years. They first opened a boutique last year in New York City and have been growing in popularity ever since.
As soon as I opened a jar, my senses were delighted. The Dijon mustard was creamy, delicious, and filled with a slight tang, perfect for my mustard-loving self. And since I love creating new recipes, my mind immediately begin to think of everything I could use this mustard on.
After thoughtful consideration, I decided to make a recipe that incorporates mustard in a more unique way.
Not just slathered on a burger or sandwich, but mixed into a dish to make the flavors really stand out. Well, friends, say hello to this Tortellini with Mustard Cream Sauce. The name pretty much says is all. Fresh cheese tortellini is combined with asparagus and a creamy mustard sauce that is suitable for every mustard (and pasta) lover. It’s a deliciously different way to enjoy mustard!
Besides being filled with the mouthwatering tang of Dijon mustard, this Tortellini with Mustard Cream Sauce is a breeze to whip up.
It’s the perfect meal to serve when the weather gets warmer or when your crunched for time, without sacrificing flavor. With minimal prep time and fresh ingredients, you can wow your dinner guests (or just yourself!) into thinking you spent all day in the kitchen. Sounds pretty good, right?
By using fresh tortellini, you’ll ensure that you get the best flavor possible, which is crucial when pairing with the Maille mustard collection.
When the tortellini is cooking, simply whisk together some chicken broth, heavy cream, and Dijon mustard. As soon as it thickens, remove from the heat, toss it with the cheese tortellini and fresh asparagus, and your flavorful meal is ready to be devoured.
This Tortellini with Mustard Cream Sauce is perfect for a light and easy meal. Full of fresh ingredients and bursting with flavor, this pasta will become a dinner-time favorite!
Looking for more pasta dishes? I’ve got you covered
- Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
- Pepperoni Hamburger Helper
- Garlic Parmesan Gnocchi
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
Tortellini with Mustard Cream Sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed into one inch pieces
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Maille Dijon Mustard or any kind of dijon mustard
- In a medium pot, cook tortellini according to packaged directions. Drain and then toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking. Set aside.
- While tortellini is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet. Add asparagus and saute until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- In same skillet, combine chicken broth, heavy cream, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk together. Simmer for about 10-12 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and pour over tortellini. Add in asparagus and toss to coat. Serve immediately.