Cheesy Beef Tortellini Skillet
This Cheesy Beef Tortellini Skillet is a simple, one-pan meal that’s bursting with flavor. Loaded with ground beef, spices, tortellini, and cheese, this easy meal is family-friendly and so delicious!
Another 30-Minute Thursday meal is comin’ at ya, friends! But first, let me point out the obvious…it’s JULY!
Holy Shmoly! How in the world did we already make it through the Memorial Day and now the 4th of July? Is anyone else’s head spinning about the time just zooming on by?
Now that we made it through the 4th, how was your holiday? Did you celebrate with lots of food and lots of fireworks, and maybe some adult beverages, too?
I know I did…and it was sure nice to kick back and relax. But, it was also strange to celebrate the 4th on a Tuesday. Anyone else feeling like that? But, at least we’re almost to Friday now, right?
Before I get into the good stuff (aka the FOOD!), I have a confession to make.
I first made this beef skillet back in the beginning of April and have been eating it ever since. It’s just that good. And since I plan (and recipe test) my editorial calendar for blogging a few months in advance, I knew this beauty would be sitting for a while before I shared it with you. But, let me tell you, it’s worth the wait!
And you know me…I’m all about the easy meals! Especially come summertime when you don’t want to be slaving over a hot stove all day.
Ingredients for Beef Tortellini Skillet
It’s also easy to customize depending on your tastes. The flavor, the texture, the ooey goeey cheese…mmm mmm good! Here’s what I used in this recipe:
- Ground beef
- Montreal steak seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Beef bouillon granules
- Cheese tortellini
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Beef Tortellini Skillet
This meat tortellini skillet is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters! I mean, what’s not to love? Seasoned ground beef, cheese tortellini, and shredded mozzarella cheese. This dish is simple, made in just one skillet, and ready in less than 30 minutes!
In a large skillet, cook and crumble ground beef until no longer pink.
Stir in steak seasoning, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, water, and beef bullion granules. Bring mixture to a boil.
Add tortellini, stir to combine, and reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tortellini are tender.
Sprinkle tortellini with cheese, remove from heat, and cover. Let stand 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Can I Use Another Type of Tortellini?
Yes! Any veggie tortellini will work in this recipe, so long as it’s fresh tortellini. I don’t recommend using a meat tortellini since you’ll be adding ground beef to the skillet too.
Can I Use Another Ground Meat?
Yes, I imagine ground turkey or chicken would work just as well. However, ground beef is the most flavorful ground meat, in my opinion, so you’ll be missing out on some flavor by using ground turkey or chicken.
Tips for Making a Meat Tortellini Skillet
- Use a lean ground beef for this tortellini skillet. If needed, drain any excess grease from the pan before adding in the tortellini.
- For the best flavor and texture, use fresh or frozen tortellini rather than dried.
- I’ve only made this recipe with beef bouillon granules, but I imagine you can use regular beef broth instead of the water and granules if that’s all you have on hand.
Looking for more quick pasta dinners? I’ve got you covered!
- Tortellini with Cream Sauce
- Creamy Ground Beef Pasta
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Garlic Parmesan Gnocchi with Mushrooms
- Easy Baked Spaghetti
Cheesy Beef Tortellini Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1¼ cup water
- 1½ teaspoon beef bullion granules
- 1 (20 ounce) package cheese tortellini, (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble ground beef until no longer pink. Drain, wipe out skillet if needed, and return ground beef to skillet.
- Stir in steak seasoning, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, water, and beef bullion granules. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add tortellini, stir to combine, and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 4-5 minutes, or until tortellini are tender and heated through.
- Sprinkle tortellini with cheese, remove from heat, and cover. Let stand 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- See my tips and tricks for making this above the recipe box.
- Lightly adapted from Taste of Home Magazine- Skillet Recipes 2016