Beef Tips and Gravy
This post has been sponsored by College Inn®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Beef Tips and Gravy make a simple, one pan meal that’s ready in just 30 minutes. Tender beef tips are smothered in an easy and flavorful mushroom gravy. Serve on top of noodles or mashed potatoes for a deliciously hearty meal!
Calling all comfort food lovers!
That’s pretty much everyone, am I right? Now that we’re smack dab in the middle of winter, all I want are hearty dishes that are loaded with flavor. You know—that stick-to-your-ribs, cozy meal.
But, it’s got to be easy. Remember, I’m all about those easy dinners and one-pan meals around here. And when comfort food comes knocking at my door, sign me up!
When I was shopping at Jewel-Osco last week, I came across College Inn® Simple Starter Hearty Beef Sauce. It’s a perfectly seasoned sauce that’s perfect for one-pot meals. And so easy, too! You can start with the sauce, add your favorite veggies and protein, and then simmer and enjoy a meal that the whole family will love.
College Inn® Simple Starter Sauce is not only simple to use in recipes but it’s convenient, too. It’s a seasoned sauce that’s ready to go. Just add to one-pot meals, and it will add a burst of flavor. Delicious is in the Details—easy-peasy and definitely needed for busy weeknights!
I stocked up on College Inn® Simple Starter Hearty Beef Sauce, found in the broth and stock aisle, at Jewel-Osco. I shop here weekly and have done so for years. In fact, my family has shopped at Jewel for as long as I can remember. You can download the Jewel-Osco mobile app for easy and convenient shopping!
Check out more details above for a coupon offer which you can use between 2/10/2020-2/17/2020, and head to your local Jewel-Osco to purchase today!
It’s no surprise that this beef tips and gravy recipe is a winner for dinner, friends. Not only is it made in one pan, it’s ready in just 30 minutes. It also makes delicious leftovers, too.
A savory mushroom gravy, loaded with flavor and smothered in steak tips. What could be better?
How to make Beef Tips and Gravy:
This easy dinner will have you coming back for more! Just a few ingredients is all it takes to whip up this hearty meal.
- To start, heat some olive oil in a large skillet and then add the cubed steak. Sprinkle with seasonings and then let cook until slightly browned on each side.
- Add some mushrooms and sliced white onion to the beef tips and sauté until tender.
- Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce and a carton of College Inn® Simple Starter Hearty Beef Sauce to the beef mixture. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
What kind of meat is beef tips:
You can use a variety of meat to make beef tips with gravy. Sirloin steak is usually used, but if you’re looking for a less expensive option, stew meat or chuck roast works well, too. You can often find stew meat already cubed in the meat section of your grocery store.
Tips for making quick Beef Tips and Gravy:
Be sure to cut your meat into small cubes that are roughly the same size so that everything cooks evenly.
If using sirloin steak, I found that two medium steaks (roughly 1.7-2 pounds) is enough for at least four servings.
Sliced baby bella mushrooms work wonderfully in this dish. However, cremini or white mushrooms pair well, too.
Can I freeze Beef Tips and Gravy?
You sure can! Simply let cool to room temperature and then store in a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
Let thaw in the refrigerator and then cook on the stove or warm in the microwave for an easy meal.
What to serve with Beef Tips and Gravy:
Egg noodles, mashed potatoes or white rice! These are great for soaking up that flavorful gravy.
Garlic bread or french bread! Both would pair well with the beef and gravy.
This easy beef tips and gravy would make a delicious addition to your meal rotation. It’s perfect to serve on busy weeknights or on weekends if you have guests coming for dinner.
Looking for more easy meals? I’ve got you covered!
Beef Tips and Gravy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5-2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into small cubes, or beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carton (24 ounce) College Inn® Simple Starter Hearty Beef Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning, then add meat in an even layer to pan.
- Cook meat until slightly browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. If needed, drain some of the fat from the meat and return to skillet.
- Add sliced onions and mushrooms to same skillet and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Add College Inn® Simple Starter Hearty Beef Sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes, if desired.
Check out more details above for a coupon offer and head to your local Jewel-Osco to purchase today!