Cheddar Rosemary Biscuits
These Cheddar Rosemary Biscuits are soft, flaky, and bursting with flavor. The fresh cheddar cheese and rosemary gives these biscuits the perfect amount of zest. And best of all, it’s ready in less than 20 minutes!
Whenever I think of Thanksgiving food, my mind immediately goes to turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and rolls. You have to have some kind of good bread or dinner rolls to soak up all of that gravy, right?
And while I love traditional dinner rolls (especially those Hawaiian rolls), it’s always a nice change when there are biscuits, pretzel rolls, or scones made with herbs and spices. It just makes dinner time that much more delicious when there are some zesty rolls around, and I think you would agree.
For example, Red Lobster. Now, I can’t even remember the last time I set foot in that place, though I do remember their cheddar biscuits quite well. Hot, fresh, and oozing with flavor. You just can’t beat, even if you don’t enjoy seafood.
These Cheddar Rosemary Biscuits are even better than Red Lobster’s, and not just because I made them! These biscuits are soft, flaky, and bursting with flavor. The fresh cheddar cheese and rosemary gives these biscuits the perfect amount of zest. And best of all, it’s ready in less than 20 minutes!
Yep, you read that right. In less than 20 minutes, you can have these Cheddar Rosemary Biscuits, prepped, baked, and ready to be devoured. And that’s definitely a winner in my book.
My inspiration for these came from Southern Christmas magazine from 2013. I was amazed at the simple ingredients and minimal prep time, so I just had to give these a try. I’m so glad that I did because these are my new favorite biscuits for when I want a fast and easy side dish.
These Cheddar Rosemary Biscuits are also perfect for your holiday (or any day) gatherings because of the delicious taste and soft texture. Once you bite into these, the hints of cheddar and rosemary will wow your taste buds. These biscuits are tender, flaky, and oozing with flavor. And did I mention that they’re ready in less than 20 minutes? If you’re hosting Thanksgiving or another holiday gathering, these babies will definitely save you some time in the kitchen.
So the next time you’re hosting a party, holiday, or weekday dinner, give these Cheddar Rosemary biscuits a try! Fast, easy, and practically fail-proof, these will be your new favorite biscuits!
Looking for more side dish recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Loaded Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Creamy Macaroni & Cheese
Cheddar Rosemary Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Add the buttermilk and melted butter to flour mixture, stirring to remove any large lumps.
- Add 1/2 cup sharp white cheddar cheese and rosemary. Stir to combine.
- Drop by the spoonful (about 1/4 cup each) onto prepared pan. Sprinkle tops with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.