Honey Glazed Pumpkin Banana Bread
This Honey Glazed Pumpkin Banana Bread combines the classic fall flavor of pumpkin, swirled with hints of banana, and then topped with a sweet honey glaze. This bread is soft, moist, and bursting with just the right amount of flavor. One bite and this is sure to be your new fall favorite!
I’ve got another pumpkin recipe to share with you today. Big surprise, right? While I can’t promise this will be the last pumpkin dish I share with you this year, I can promise this is one of the best quick breads that I’ve ever made.
And I sure love pumpkin bread. There are many varieties out there, but my favorite kind (until now) has been this pumpkin peanut butter bread that I shared with you last fall. Pumpkin and peanut butter sure make a delicious combination in my book!
I’ve been making pumpkin bread for several years now, and I have to admit that I’m sort of picky when it comes to pumpkin bread. It can’t be too dry, too moist, or too pumpkin-y.
It also can’t lack in flavor or contain nuts (only because I’m not a fan of nuts in desserts). So needless to say, I’ve done a lot of recipe testing and tasting of other pumpkin breads, too.
And I’m happy to report that this Honey Glazed Pumpkin Banana Bread meets my strict requirements!
This quick bread combines the classic fall flavor of pumpkin, swirled with hints of banana, and then topped with a sweet honey glaze. This bread soft, moist, and bursting with just the right amount of flavor. One bite and this is sure to be your new fall favorite!
This Honey Glazed Pumpkin Banana Bread is a combination of my two favorite quick breads. So it only seemed natural that I combine the two flavors and then top it with a sweet touch. And this bread does not disappoint! If you love pumpkin bread and you’re a fan of banana bread, then this treat was made for you.
The banana flavor isn’t overpowering, but is just enough to let you know it’s there.
And that honey glaze…man, oh man, is that good!
It contains just the right amount of sweetness, with pairs perfectly with the fresh banana and pumpkin. I dare you not to taste a spoonful (or three) of the glaze while you’re drizzling it on the bread. If you’re looking for a new twist on pumpkin bread, then look no further, friends!
And like most of my recipes, this Honey Glazed Pumpkin Banana Bread is a breeze to whip up! No mixer is required, just two bowls, some measuring utensils, and the ingredients. In less than 10 minutes, you’ll have the bread prepped and ready to bake.
Once the bread is cooled, mix up the honey glaze and prepared to be wowed.
The flavor from the pumpkin, bananas, and honey create an irresistibly, cozy fall treat. This Honey Glazed Pumpkin Banana Bread is perfect for parties, get-togethers, or just for enjoying for breakfast or dessert!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Honey Glazed Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15 ounce) pure pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup melted coconut oil, or vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
FOR THE HONEY GLAZE
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk, any kind
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray two loaf pans or one loaf pan and a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and pumpkin pie spice.Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, mashed bananas, eggs, oil, water, and sugar until thoroughly combined. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour the batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans for 15 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, cream together the softened butter and honey. Mix in the powdered sugar until thoroughly combined. Add enough milk to thin the glaze to a drizzle consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled bread.