Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots are an easy and flavorful side dish. Loaded with a savory garlic parmesan mixture, these carrots are perfect for just about any meal!
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots
It’s been a while since I’ve shared an easy side dish around here.
But, I’ve failed to share an easy roasted carrot recipe with you. And if I’m being honest, roasted carrots are my new favorite way to enjoy them.
Not only are these roasted garlic carrots a breeze to whip up, they’re flavorful, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. By roasting the carrots at a high temperature, they achieve that caramelization that brings out their natural flavor and makes them so tasty.
These parmesan roasted carrots also require just a handful of ingredients. How about that for a simple side dish?
How to Make Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots:
- To start, you’ll want to make sure your carrots are peeled and cut into about 2-inch diagonal chunks. While you can certainly leave them whole or cut into smaller pieces, the oven times will vary. Spread the carrots out onto a large baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Add some olive oil, garlic powder, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper and toss to coat, ensuring the carrots are coated evenly with the olive oil mixture.
- Spread evenly around the pan and roast until caramelized and crisp, yet tender, for about 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired.
Do you peel garlic parmesan carrots before roasting?
You don’t have to! As long as you wash and scrub the carrots well, they should be fine. However, I prefer to peel carrots, just for the sake of texture.
Should I blanch carrots before roasting?
While this is not necessary, you can do so if you prefer. If you leave the carrots longer than 4 inches, you can blanch them in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes before roasting.
How do you cut carrots for roasting?
I like to slice my carrots diagonally in roughly 2-inch thick slices. The carrots will shrink when cooking, so remember this when slicing.
What should I serve roasted garlic carrots with?
Looking for more easy side dish recipes? I’ve got covered!
- Roasted Garlic Lemon Broccoli
- Instant Pot Garlic Herb Potatoes
- Garlic Herb Rice
- Baked Cheesy Cauliflower
- Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots peeled and cut into diagonal chunks about 2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Spread carrots onto prepared pan and add olive oil, garlic powder, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine, ensuring that carrots are coated in mixture.
- Spread carrots evenly around pan and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until carrots are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Remove from oven and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- See my tips and tricks for making these Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots above the recipe box.