This Quinoa Black Bean Corn Salad is hearty, on the healthier side, and perfect for a light meal. Quinoa is tossed with black beans, fresh corn, cilantro, and tomatoes, and then tossed in a light white balsamic dressing. Loaded with flavor and ready in less than 30 minutes, this simple salad is perfect for lunch or dinner!
I’m all about summer food! Yes, grilling, fruits and veggies are calling my name, but I especially love salads this time of year.
Well, truth be told, I eat them year round, no matter the temperature, but it just seems to taste a little bit better when the temps are warmer. And one of my favorite salad ingredients in quinoa.
Now, if you love quinoa, then you probably add it to salads, too. But, if you’re new to this grain, it’s a game changer.
Quinoa is a protein-packed grain that’s rich in lysine, and is a good source of iron, magnesium, and fiber, among other things. It has a slightly nutty taste, but nothing too overpowering.
I love to add quinoa to greens, use it in this Raspberry Jam Quinoa Parfait, add it to this Black Bean Taco Quinoa Skillet, and in that Quinoa and Chickpea Pesto Salad. It’s so versatile and perfect in many different recipes.
But, since it’s summer and I’m craving all the salads, I whipped up this quinoa black bean corn salad.
This quinoa salad with black beans and corn is hearty, on the healthier side, and perfect for a light meal. Quinoa is tossed with black beans, fresh corn, cilantro and tomatoes, and then tossed in a light white balsamic dressing. Loaded with flavor and ready in less than 30 minutes, this simple salad is perfect for lunch or dinner!
Quinoa Black Bean Corn Salad Ingredients
If you love quinoa like I do, then this is the perfect salad for you. The simple ingredients and light dressing give this dish the perfect amount of flavor!
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Black beans
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- White balsamic vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
If it’s your first time trying quinoa, I really think you’ll fall in love with the grain.
How to Make Quinoa Black Bean Corn Salad
Like most of my recipes, this quinoa black bean salad can be prepped and made in no time. And that’s definitely needed come summer, when you want to spend less time in the kitchen and more time outside.
In a medium pot, cook quinoa according to packaged directions, using chicken broth for the liquid, if desired.
While quinoa is cooking, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Once the quinoa is cooked, add it to a large bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa and toss to coat.
Add black beans, corn, tomatoes, and cilantro. Toss to coat.
Add crumbled feta and lightly combine. Add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve hot or cold.
Can This Salad Be Prepared in Advance?
Yes, this quinoa and black bean salad will last up to three days in the fridge, noting the the tomatoes soften over time.
Can I Add a Protein to This Dish?
Of course! The black beans and quinoa both contain ample amounts of protein, but you can add ground turkey or grilled chicken to this salad, if desired.
Tips for Making Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
- Cook the quinoa in low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth for a touch of added flavor.
- Taste the dressing as you go, and add more/less white balsamic vinegar, depending on your preferences.
- This salad is very versatile, depending on your tastes. Feel free to swap out the feta for mozzarella pearls; add in red onion or chickpeas; toss in a touch of lime juice; the possibilities are endless!
So if you’re looking for a new summer salad, this quinoa salad with black beans and corn was made for you!
Looking for more easy salad recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Strawberry Poppy Seed Chicken Salad
- Cherry Balsamic Pasta Salad
- Italian Chicken Salad
- Lemon Orzo Salad with Chicken
- Corn and Tomato Salad
Quinoa Black Bean Corn Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth (vegetable broth or water may be used instead)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a medium pot, cook quinoa according to packaged directions, using chicken broth for liquid, if desired.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk thoroughly. Taste and add more white balsamic vinegar and/or olive oil, if desired.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add to a large bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa and toss to coat. Add black beans, corn, tomatoes, and cilantro. Toss to coat.
- Add crumbled feta and lightly combine. Add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve hot or cold.