Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Cups
Filled with eggs, cheddar cheese, bacon, and hash browns, these Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Cups are pop-able, and delicious for a quick breakfast on-the-go!
I think I may have found my new favorite breakfast. And that’s a big deal for me!
You see, I’m not really much of a breakfast person. Sure, I’ll make a baked good and will have those for breakfast during the week, but the following week, I always return to the same routine. Those foods are delicious, but sometimes I want something a little more “breakfast-y”…know what I mean? Eggs, bacon, the works. Something that fills me up and is easy to grab ‘n go.
Well, friends, I made the perfect breakfast that meets my standards. Filled with eggs, cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and hash browns, these Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Cups are perfectly portable, pop-able, and delicious for a quick breakfast on-the-go!
These hash brown breakfast cups have everything you would want in a hearty breakfast, but are combined in mini muffin form. Easy to customize based on your preferences and a breeze to whip up, you will love the taste of these cuties!
What’s in Hash Brown Egg Cups?
To make these baked hash brown cups, you’ll need the following basic ingredients:
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Cooked bacon
- Hash browns
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Hash Brown Egg Cups
Since I had bacon and hash browns on hand, I decided to toss those, along with some eggs, cheddar cheese, and spices, into a bowl. Simply mix together, pour into a muffin tin, and bake.
That’s it! In about 15 minutes, you will have a hot and delicious breakfast.
Can I Prep These in Advance?
Yes! Kid-friendly and filled with a classic breakfast flavor, you can make these hash brown cups ahead of time and just grab ‘n go for a convenient breakfast. These little guys also freeze well, so you can enjoy this breakfast for months to come!
Should I Thaw the Hash Browns First?
No, you don’t have to thaw the hash browns before making these hash brown egg cups. You can add the shredded hash browns straight from the freezer or you can thaw them first. Do whatever you have time for!
Tips for Making Hash Brown Egg Muffins
- I used a mini muffin pan, but you can also make these using a regular muffin pan. The cook time will need to be increased, though!
- Feel free to mix and match the ingredients in this recipe. Instead of cooked bacon, try using cooked sausage. The cheddar can also be swapped out with your favorite cheese.
- For this recipe, you want to use shredded hash browns, not the kind that are cut into chunks (sometimes they’re labeled as the same thing).
Looking for more egg breakfast ideas? I’ve got you covered!
- Easy Breakfast Quesadillas
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza
- Turkey Egg Cups
- Baked Eggs with Rosemary and Thyme
- Corned Beef Hash and Eggs
Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Cups
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk, (any kind)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup hash browns, thawed
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, bacon, hash browns, and cheese. Stir thoroughly to combine. Pour mixture into mini muffin tin.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes, or until middles are set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from muffin tins.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
**April 2017 Update!** This recipe was originally posted in August 2014. I decided that the photos desperately needed updating, so I reshot the recipe (but still kept the ingredient list and directions the same). I also kept the original post/story above that I wrote three summers ago!**