Filled with eggs, cheddar cheese, bacon, and hash browns, these Cheesy Egg and Hash Brown Cups are pop-able, and delicious for a quick breakfast on-the-go!
**April 2017 Update!** This recipe was originally posted in August 2014. I decided that the photos desperately needed updating, so I reshot the recipe (but still kept the ingredient list and directions the same). I also kept the original post/story below that I wrote three summers ago!**
I think I may have found my new favorite breakfast. And that’s a big deal for me!
You see, I’m not really much of a breakfast person. Sure, I’ll make a baked good and will have those for breakfast during the week, but the following week, I always return to the same routine. Those foods are delicious, but sometimes I want something a little more “breakfast-y”…know what I mean? Eggs, bacon, the works. Something that fills me up and is easy to grab ‘n go.
Well, friends, I made the perfect breakfast that meets my standards. Filled with eggs, cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and hash browns, these Cheesy Egg and Hash Brown Cups are perfectly portable, pop-able, and delicious for a quick breakfast on-the-go!
These Cheesy Egg and Hash Brown Cups have everything you would want in a hearty breakfast, but are combined in mini muffin form. Easy to customize based on your preferences and a breeze to whip up, you will love the taste of these cuties!
Since I had bacon and hash browns on hand, I decided to toss those, along with some eggs, cheddar cheese, and spices, into a bowl. Simply mix together, pour into a muffin tin, and bake. That’s it! In about 15 minutes, you will have a hot and delicious breakfast.
Kid-friendly and filled with a classic breakfast flavor, you can make these Cheesy Egg and Hash Brown Cups ahead of time and just grab ‘n go for a convenient breakfast. These little guys also freeze well, so you can enjoy this breakfast for months to come!
Looking for more easy breakfast ideas? I’ve got you covered!
- Easy Breakfast Quesadillas
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza
- Cake Batter Overnight Oats
- Baked Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks
Cheesy Egg and Hash Brown Cups
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk amy kind
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 cup hash browns frozen or thawed
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, bacon, hash browns, and cheese. Stir thoroughly to combine. Pour mixture into mini muffin tin.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes, or until middles are set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from muffin tins.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.