Grilled Garlic Herb Corn with Tomatoes
Grilled Corn, Tomato, and Feta Salad is an easy side dish that’s ready in minutes. Fresh corn off the cob, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and walnuts give this dish a flavorful punch that’s perfect to pair alongside your favorite meal!
Fall is almost officially upon us, the mornings are crisp and cool, and I’ve made my fair share of pumpkin goodies already.
But, that’s not surprising though, right?
Even though I’m excited for fall, I’m still trying to hold onto what’s left of summer. After all, I live in the Midwest, and we all know what comes after fall and it’s not so pretty! I’m pointing fingers at you, winter (snow, negative temps, and more snow)! So, it’s bittersweet when fall arrives, at least for me.
That’s why I thought I would share this grilled corn salad with feta and tomatoes. It’s the perfect transition side dish for fall, but it can also be made year round and still give you the warm and fuzzies about summer.
This grilled corn, tomato, and feta salad is an easy side dish that’s ready in minutes. Fresh corn off the cob, herbs, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and walnuts give this dish a flavorful punch that’s perfect to pair alongside your favorite meal!
Ingredients for Corn, Tomato & Feta Salad
This summer corn salad recipe comes together with minimal ingredients, but they pack in maximum flavor! Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy corn salad:
- Unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh corn
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Walnut halves
Can the Walnuts Be Omitted?
If you have a nut allergy or simply want to omit the walnuts, you’re welcome to leave them out.
Can Frozen Corn Be Used?
If sweet corn isn’t in season, you can certainly make this salad with frozen corn. Let the corn thaw on the counter, then drain any excess liquid before tossing it into the salad.
If you can get your hands on frozen fire roasted corn, that would be the best option!
How to Make Corn, Tomato, & Feta Salad
Did I mention how easy this sweet corn salad is to whip up? So easy, friends! You can have it prepped, cooked, and ready to go in less than 30 minutes.
- To start, you’ll remove the husks and silk from four ears of corn.
- Lightly brush each ear with a butter mixture of garlic and herbs.
- Place onto a grill or grill pan over medium heat until charred.
- Once corn is slightly cooled, cut it from the cob and place into a medium bowl.
- Add sliced cherry tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Spoon into a serving dish and top with California Walnuts.
One bite and your taste buds will be wowed. The tender corn, fresh tomatoes, creamy feta and crunchy walnuts make an incredible combination. Slightly sweet, a little savory, and full of flavor, this corn and tomato salad will be your new favorite side dish!
Tips for Making Corn and Tomato Salad
- Finely diced green onions would be a nice addition to this corn, tomato, and feta salad.
- I prefer serving this sweet corn salad immediately while it’s still warm, but you can also make it in advance and serve it cold.
- I love pairing this salad with grilled chicken, burgers, and kebabs.
Looking for more corn side dishes? I’ve got you covered!
- Garlic Parmesan Corn
- Parmesan Herb Corn on the Cob
- Quinoa Black Bean Corn Salad
- Classic Corn and Tomato Salad (no feta!)
- Corn, Edamame & Chickpeas Salad
Grilled Garlic Herb Corn with Tomatoes and Walnuts
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup walnuts
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, olive oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Brush butter mixture onto each ear of corn and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Grill corn for about 5-8 minutes, rotating so that all sides are cooked.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly. Remove corn from cob and place into a medium bowl. Add cherry tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Pour into a serving dish and top with walnuts.