These Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon and Brown Sugar are a delicious, healthier dessert. Fresh peaches are lightly grilled and then topped with a cinnamon and brown sugar mixture that caramelizes to perfection. With just four ingredients and hardly any prep time, you can have this easy dish ready in minutes!
I think it’s safe to say that I’ve been on a berry kick lately. From these overnight oats, to that coffee cake, and this crisp, berries have been overflowing in my kitchen. That’s not really a surprise, right? I mean, it is summer!
But, I’ve feel like I’ve been neglecting my favorite fruit to bake with, and it’s time that I change that. So, let me introduce my latest (and tastiest) peach recipe.
You see, I love peaches, but I’m usually not one to buy them just to snack on. While that happens every once in a while, I much prefer to use them in baked goods. For example, this bread quickly became a favorite of mine, as did that salsa. And since it’s summer, I figured it was time to break out the grill and indulge in some fresh peaches.
If you haven’t tried grilled peaches before, you need to run. Right now. To your grill and fire it up.
What makes these peaches so darn good is the cinnamon and brown sugar topping. As it heats, it caramelizes and creates a crispy crust. Once you dig into that peach, it oozes with flavor. Mmmm….it is SO good, guys!
I know grilled peaches aren’t anything new, but I got the idea from this Caramelized Brown Sugar Grapefruit that I shared last year. It’s still one of my favorite recipes, and it’s the brown sugar topping that makes the fruit taste out-of-this-world good. So, of course, I had to do it again, but with peaches for the summer!
And did I mention how easy this grilled peaches dessert is to make? So easy! But you knew that was coming, right?
You know what makes these caramelized peaches crazy delicious? A big ‘ole scoop of vanilla ice cream, along with some caramel syrup and a sprinkling of brown sugar on top. Is there anything better than grilled peaches and ice cream? Now that’s how you do an easy summer dessert!
Of course, you could also skip the ice cream and add some Greek yogurt on top of these peaches, too. Doesn’t that sound like the perfect breakfast?
So grab those peaches and get grillin’ to make this easy and oh-so fresh summer dessert or breakfast!
Grilled Peaches Ingredients
Wondering what to do with fresh peaches this summer? Make this grilled peaches dessert, duh! Here’s what you’ll need to make caramelized peaches on the grill:
- Light brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Fresh peaches
- Unsalted butter
How to Grill Peaches
This is one of the easiest peach dessert recipes! There’s almost no prep involved and the grilled peaches are done in under 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush the cut side of the peaches with butter. Grill cut side down for 3 minutes.
- Flip the peaches over and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Continue grilling the peaches until the sugar starts to caramelize.
Should I Peel the Peaches?
Nope! You can grill the peaches with the skin on. Just be sure to thoroughly wash and dry the peaches before cutting them in half.
Can I Use Regular Sugar?
Perhaps, but brown sugar sticks to the peaches a little better and imparts more of a caramel-y flavor.
Do I Have to Use a Grill?
No, I actually used a grill pan for this recipe, which still creates those beautiful, dark grill marks on the peaches.
But, if you don’t own a grill pan, or prefer to use an actual grill, go for it! Since the hubster is the grill master around here (and I’m forbidding myself to touch a regular grill), I went with my trusty grill pan.
Tips for Making Grilled Peaches
I kept this grilled peaches recipe simple by using just cinnamon and brown sugar. But you’re welcome to play around with other sugar and spice combinations to find variations you love.
When grilling the peaches, you’re not looking for them to become super soft. The peaches should certainly soften, but the insides shouldn’t be mushy when you serve them.
Note that fresh peaches are a must when making grilled peaches. Frozen peaches just won’t work with this recipe.
Looking for more peach dessert recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Glazed Peach Streusel Bread
- Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler
- Blueberry Peach Crisp
- Fresh Peach Cake
- Grilled Peach Caramel Yogurt Bowl
Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon and Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 peaches , halved and pits removed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter , melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel syrup
- Preheat grill (or a grill pan) to medium heat. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Lightly brush the cut side of peaches with melted butter.
- Place peaches, cut side down, onto grill pan. Grill for about 3 minutes, or until peaches start to soften just a little and grill marks form. Flip peaches over and sprinkle tops with cinnamon brown sugar mixture.
- Grill for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until sugar mixture begins to caramelize. Remove peaches from grill pan. Serve immediately with yogurt or ice cream, if desired.