This One Pot Chicken Fajita Soup filled with your favorite fajita flavors, made in one pot, and ready in just 30 minutes. This soup is an easy and delicious weeknight meal that will have you coming back for more!
It’s the end of August, fall is almost here, and schools are back in session.
Even though I’m not a parent, weeknights are busy, and sometimes I just don’t feel like cooking.
And maybe that sounds a bit strange, considering I’m a food blogger and my job is to cook, but it’s the truth. And I have a feeling that you’re the same way, especially if you have kiddos around.
The last thing I want to do at night is to make an elaborate meal, as I just don’t have the energy. But, I do like making dinner, and I often opt for simple meals, especially during busy weeknights. But, you know that was coming, right? After all, my motto on Pumpkin ‘N Spice is “Where Easy Meets Delicious!”
So, when I had the opportunity to try McCormick Organics Recipe Mixes, I knew that I had many simple, yet delicious dinners ahead of me. Since back-to-school season is one of the busiest times of the year, I know that a lot of families are on the lookout for meals that are easy to make, without sacrificing taste.
With McCormick Organics Recipe Mixes, they are conveniently packaged, certified organic and non-GMO seasoning mixes. When pairing these mixes with wholesome ingredients, like lean meats, quinoa, and veggies, this can be a feel-good dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
And with new family favorite flavors, such as Fajita Seasoning Mix, Taco Seasoning Mix, Chili Seasoning Mix and Brown Gravy Mix, there’s a flavor for everyone to love.
So, in honor of back-to-school season, and for all of the busy families out there, I created this One Pot Chicken Fajita Soup with you in mind. It’s filled with your favorite fajita flavors, made in one pot, and ready in just 30 minutes. This soup is an easy and delicious weeknight meal that will have you coming back for more!
If you like chicken fajitas, then this One Pot Chicken Fajita Soup was made for you. It contains all of the ingredients found in the classic dish, but in soup form. By using McCormick Organics Fajita Seasoning Mix, you get the fajita taste that you love, without all of the prep work.
And since the hubster and I love Mexican food, we practically devoured this entire batch in one sitting. It’s just that good. Packed with bell peppers, onions, rice, shredded rotisserie chicken, and a zesty broth filled with spices, this soup is bursting with flavor.
It’s also so easy to make! Did I mention that it’s ready in just 30 minutes and made in one pot? Yep, it really is that simple. By using shredded rotisserie chicken that you can find in your grocery store and McCormick Organics Seasoning Mix, it saves time, without sacrificing flavor. Sounds pretty good, right?
So, grab those ingredients and get ready to fall in love with this One Pot Chicken Fajita Soup. It’s perfect for busy weeknights, back-to-school season, or just for when you want an easy meal without all of the fuss.
Looking for more 30 Minute Meals? I’ve got you covered!
One Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ white onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (10 ounce) mild diced tomatoes with green chilies (do not drain)
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Organics Fajita Seasoning Mix from 1 ounce package
- 5½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups cooked shredded rotisserie chicken I found already shredded in the deli section of my grocery store
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice juice from about 1 lime
- Tortilla strips
- Shredded cheese
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and peppers. Saute until slightly tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add in garlic, diced tomatoes, black beans, McCormick Organics Fajita Seasoning Mix, chicken broth, and chicken. Stir to combine. Bring to a light boil, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add uncooked rice, cover, and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper, cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve immediately and top with tortilla strips, avocado, cilantro, or cheese, if desired.