This Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce is warm, cozy, and perfect for dessert. It’s easy to make, packed with simple ingredients, and topped with an easy caramel sauce. This pumpkin dish is guaranteed to be a favorite all year long!
We’re smack dab in the middle of fall and I’m loving it!
Looking for more pumpkin desserts? I’ve got you covered!
Yields 8 servings
This Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce is warm, cozy, and perfect for dessert. It's easy to make, packed with simple ingredients, and topped with an easy caramel sauce. This pumpkin dish is guaranteed to be a favorite all year long!
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- About 6 cups of french bread cubes (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk, any kind (I used 2%)
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 3-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place bread cubes evenly in dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with fitted paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, heavy whipping cream, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Beat until combined.
- Pour mixture evenly over bread cubes and lightly press down to ensure each piece is coated with mixture. Let stand for about 8-10 minutes, or until bread has soaked up most of the liquid.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup butter chunks evenly over bread mixture.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes, or until set and edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make caramel sauce, melt butter over medium in a small saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and heavy whipping cream and whisk until sugar is completely dissolved, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Spoon warm sauce over bread pudding.
The bread pudding can be prepped and refrigerated for up to one day in advance before baking.
The brown sugar caramel sauce can be made up to two days ahead of time and then refrigerated.
From Better Homes and Gardens - Fall Baking 2015