Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Peas is an easy side dish that’s bursting with flavor. Fresh asparagus and peas are drizzled with olive oil, roasted until tender, and then topped with a lemon zest mixture. Simple, fresh, and delicious, this will become your new favorite way to eat your veggies!
And now, I’m sharing this roasted asparagus with lemon and peas. I’m rounding out the trifecta and couldn’t be more pleased.
And asparagus? It steals my heart every single time. As do peas. I feel like they’re an underrated veggie, so I’ve been trying to make them more often (have you tried these Peas with Bacon and Feta yet?).
The hubster also loves asparagus and peas, so we eat them quite often in our house. And that means that I’m always on the hunt for new ways to prepare them. Broiled, steamed, and roasted, I’ve tried it all. And you know what? I love ’em all, too.
But, I’ve never tried asparagus and peas together before, so I knew it was time to introduce the two.
My inspiration for this recipe came from The Pioneer Woman. I love Ree, love her show, love her blog, and absolutely love her recipes. So when I saw that she made an easy asparagus and pea dish, I knew I had to do the same.
Roasting asparagus is my favorite way to prepare it. It’s quick, easy, and takes about 10 minutes from start to finish. And the result? Perfectly roasted asparagus that’s slightly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
And peas. Did you know you can roast them, too? They don’t need to cook as long as the asparagus does, but they work wonders in the oven.
So if you’re looking for a new way to prepare those veggies, then this is it! The lemon flavor takes asparagus and peas to a whole new level, and I guarantee you’ll love it!
Ingredients in Roasted Asparagus with Lemon & Peas
To make this easy lemon asparagus and peas recipe, you’ll need the following:
- Fresh asparagus
- Olive oil
- Frozen peas
- Lemon juice and zest
- Kosher salt and black pepper
How to Make Roasted Asparagus with Lemon & Peas
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Arrange asparagus in an even layer on a parchment paper-lined baking pan.
Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat the asparagus. Roast for 7-8 minutes.
Remove from oven, add peas and juice from one lemon. Toss to coat.
Return to oven and roast until the peas and asparagus are tender.
Sprinkle the lemon zest, salt and pepper over the asparagus and peas. Serve immediately.
How Long Do You Roast Asparagus?
I’ve found that the best temperature to roast asparagus is 425ºF. At this temperature, the asparagus will need to roast for about 10 minutes (give or take a few minutes depending on how thick the stalks are).
Tips for Making Lemon Asparagus and Peas
- The lemon zest is the key ingredient to this easy roasted asparagus. Simply zest one lemon and then use the juice over the asparagus and peas. You’ll get double the lemon flavor, which means it’s extra good.
- Since you’ll be zesting the lemon, be sure to wash it under warm water first. You don’t want to zest any dirt onto the asparagus and peas!
- If desired, you can keep this a classic lemon asparagus recipe and simply omit the peas. Whatever you prefer!
Looking for more asparagus recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Shaved Asparagus Pesto Salad
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Bowl
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Asparagus
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Peas
- 1 pound fresh asparagus , ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lemon , zested and cut in half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange asparagus on an even layer on baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat the asparagus. Roast for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add peas and juice from one lemon. Toss to coat. Return to oven and bake for 3-4 minutes, or until peas and asparagus are tender.
- While veggies are roasted, mix lemon zest, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over asparagus and peas. Serve immediately.