This Roasted Lemon Parmesan Asparagus is a simple and easy side dish that’s packed with flavor. Fresh asparagus is roasted to perfection in the oven and seasoned with lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. You can have this healthy recipe prepped and ready to be devoured in less than 20 minutes!
Now that Memorial Day weekend has come and gone, I’m really getting the itch for summer! In my mind, it’s officially summer, even though it’s still technically spring. In between my thoughts of summer fun comes some delicious produce. I love visiting farmer’s markets during the the warm months, and I often stock up on lots of asparagus. And since it’s a favorite of the hubster and I, we eat it quite often.
This lemon roasted asparagus with parmesan cheese is ready to be devoured in mere minutes. Which makes it perfect for warm, summer nights because that’ll save you time in the kitchen.
And did I mention that this baked Parmesan asparagus recipe is made in one pan, and one pan only? Simply toss the asparagus in some olive oil, salt, and pepper, squeeze some fresh lemon juice and Parmesan cheese on top, then pop the pan into the oven.
The result? Tender lemon asparagus that’s crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. It has just a hint of lemon flavor and is coated with Parmesan cheese. You can’t get much better than that!
Ingredients in Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
This roasted asparagus with lemon is such a simple side dish bursting with so much flavor. Here’s what you’ll need to make baked Parmesan asparagus with lemon:
- Fresh asparagus
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
This lemon roasted asparagus is incredibly easy to make — less than 5 minutes of prep time and about 10 minutes in the oven! Bonus: it can be made in just one pan! Prep it, pop it in the oven, and you’re done.
Here are the basic steps for making Parmesan roasted asparagus with lemon:
- Set your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or coat it lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the asparagus in the pan then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt an pepper. Toss to coat, then arrange the asparagus in a single even layer.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the asparagus, followed by 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until asparagus is crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
How Long to Roast Asparagus
This lemon roasted asparagus needs to bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
Roasted Asparagus Variations to Try
This is a simple recipe that you can customize however you’d like. Here are some variations you can try:
- Try using Meyer Lemons with this easy asparagus recipe, if they’re available. They’re slightly sweeter but still provide a bright acidity to the dish.
- Consider adding a bit of garlic powder with the salt and pepper to take the flavor profile up a notch!
- Sprinkle a few crushed red pepper flakes over the lemon Parmesan asparagus once it’s done cooking for a little added heat!
Tips for Making Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Be sure to get a nice even layer of asparagus, otherwise they might not cook evenly.
- Trim the bottoms of your asparagus before you cook them! You can either snap them off, which they’ll break at the point they’re starting to become tender (which is what you want), or you can cut an inch to an inch and a half off all of them at once.
- Remove the seeds from the lemon before you squeeze it over the asparagus, otherwise you’ll have a hard time fishing them out of the pan!
What to Serve with Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
Lemon and parmesan roasted asparagus goes well with pretty much and spring or summer entree. Try serving the asparagus with:
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Honey Garlic Chicken Legs
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- Italian Chicken Salad
- Arugula and Prosciutto Puff Pastry Pizza
So grab that fresh asparagus and whip up this easy, lemon parmesan asparagus! I guarantee it’ll be your new favorite summer side dish!
Looking for more asparagus recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Shaved Asparagus Pesto Salad
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus with Feta
- Roasted Asparagus with Peas and Lemon
- Asparagus and Mushroom Bowls
- Asparagus and Bacon Frittata
Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
- 1 pound fresh asparagus ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place asparagus in baking pan then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat the asparagus then arrange in an even layer. Drizzle lemon juice over asparagus, followed by 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.