These Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries are coated with a mixture of Parmesan cheese and spices, and then baked until golden. Crispy, crunchy, and full of flavor, these healthier fries make the perfect appetizer or easy side dish!
When I was in high school, my friends and I loved getting a big group of us together to go out for dinner.
And one of our favorite spots was a a diner-type place that served the best fries. Their menu was good and the prices were even better, especially for high school students!
The restaurant we used to frequent is no longer there, which is probably for the better, since my tastes have outgrown that place. But, I do miss that restaurant for one reason: their green bean fries!
Green bean fries are pretty well-known by now, but years ago, they just weren’t a thing. I can remember the first time I ordered the fries as an appetizer…man, were they good! I never knew green beans could taste so crispy and zesty.
Fast forward years later, and I still think about those green bean fries. And even though they’re available at a lot of restaurants these days, I hardly ever order them.
So, when I got a craving for them a few weeks ago, I decided to make my own version of my old favorite. These Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries are coated with a mixture of Parmesan cheese and spices, and then baked until golden. Crispy, crunchy, and full of flavor, these healthier fries make the perfect appetizer or easy side dish!
And trust me when I say that these Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries are addictive! I didn’t even try to resist the temptation…I think I ate them all!
Well, I take that back. Since the hubster is my official taste tester, he did sneak a handful (or two) of these babies. And even though he’s not a big lover of green bean fries, he did think these were pretty amazing. I attribute that to the mixture of Parmesan, garlic, bread crumbs, and onion powder. Man, oh man, does that create the most delicious seasoning!
Now, like most of my recipes, these green bean fries are so easy to make! But, you knew that was coming, right? And since they’re baked, it just means that you can sneak one (or ten) more than the fried kind. See? I’m always thinking!
Once you bite it’s these Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries, you’ll fall in love with the crunchy texture and flavorful coating. This version is the best way to take those ordinary beans and turn them into something extraordinary! Serve these cuties with some ranch dressing or ketchup, and you have a delicious dish that’s just begging to be eaten!
Looking for more easy appetizers? I’ve got you covered!
P.S. Check out my very first E-CookBook, 30+ Twenty Minute Meals: From Breakfast to Desserts and Everything in Between, designed with you in mind!
Yields 4 servings
These Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries are coated with a mixture of Parmesan cheese and spices, and then baked until golden. Crispy, crunchy, and full of flavor, these healthier fries make the perfect snack or easy side dish!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a large baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, or cover with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a shallow baking dish or small bowl, whisk eggs.
- Dredge beans in flour mixture, then dunk in egg mixture, and then coat in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place beans in a single layer on prepared baking pan. Repeat with rest of beans until all are coated in bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until coating turns golden brown and starts to crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with ranch dressing or ketchup, if desired.