These Parmesan Baked Green Bean Fries are coated with a mixture of Parmesan cheese and spices, and then baked until golden. Crispy, crunchy, and full of flavor, these healthier fries make the perfect appetizer or easy side dish!
When I was in high school, my friends and I loved getting a big group of us together to go out for dinner.
And one of our favorite spots was a a diner-type place that served the best fries. Their menu was good and the prices were even better, especially for high school students!
The restaurant we used to frequent is no longer there, which is probably for the better since my tastes have outgrown that place. But, I do miss that restaurant for one reason: their green bean fries!
Green bean fries are pretty well-known by now, but years ago, they just weren’t a thing. I can remember the first time I ordered the fries as an appetizer…man, were they good! I never knew green beans could taste so crispy and zesty.
Fast forward years later, and I still think about those green bean fries. And even though they’re available at a lot of restaurants these days, I hardly ever order them.
So, when I got a craving for them a few weeks ago, I decided to make my own version of my old favorite. These Baked Green Bean Fries are coated with a mixture of Parmesan cheese and spices, and then baked until golden. Crispy, crunchy, and full of flavor, these healthier fries make the perfect appetizer or easy side dish!
And trust me when I say that these Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries are addictive! I didn’t even try to resist the temptation…I think I ate them all!
Well, I take that back. Since the hubster is my official taste tester, he did sneak a handful (or two) of these babies. And even though he’s not a big lover of green bean french fries, he did think these were pretty amazing. I attribute that to the mixture of Parmesan, garlic, bread crumbs, and onion powder. Man, oh man, does that create the most delicious seasoning!
Ingredients for Green Bean Fries
This is such a simple green bean snack or appetizer! Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
- Italian breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder and onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- All-purpose flour
- Fresh green beans
How to Make Green Bean Fries
Now, like most of my recipes, these green bean fries are so easy to make! But, you knew that was coming, right? And since they’re baked, it just means that you can sneak one (or ten) more than the fried kind. See? I’m always thinking!
In a medium bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
In a shallow baking dish or small bowl, whisk eggs. Dredge the beans in the flour, then dunk in eggs, and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
Place beans in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking pan.
Bake until coating turns golden brown and starts to crisp. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Once you bite it’s these Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries, you’ll fall in love with the crunchy texture and flavorful coating. This version is the best way to take those ordinary beans and turn them into something extraordinary!
Serve these cuties with some ranch dressing or ketchup, and you have a delicious dish that’s just begging to be eaten!
Can I Use Frozen Green Beans?
I’ve never used frozen green beans in this recipe, so I can’t say for sure, but I’m thinking they would work.
Can I Make These in an Air Fryer?
Most likely, yes, but I’ve never tried it myself so I can’t say for sure.
Tips for Making Green Bean French Fries
- I prefer using the seasoned Italian breadcrumbs for this recipe, but I bet Panko breadcrumbs would work just as well!
- Be sure to wash, pat dry, and trim the ends of your green beans before making this recipe.
- For the best flavor, I recommend grating a block of Parmesan cheese for this recipe rather than buying the pre-made kind.
Looking for more easy appetizers? I’ve got you covered!
- Zucchini Chips with Ranch Mayo Dip
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Caramel Apple Baked Brie
- Garlic Ranch Pretzels
Parmesan Baked Green Bean Fries
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound fresh green beans ends trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a large baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, or cover with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a shallow baking dish or small bowl, whisk eggs. Dredge beans in flour mixture, then dunk in egg mixture, and then coat in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place beans in a single layer on prepared baking pan. Repeat with rest of beans until all are coated in bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until coating turns golden brown and starts to crisp. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve with ranch dressing or ketchup, if desired.