These Southwest Chicken and Rice Bowls are packed with flavor and perfect for weeknight meals. Filled with tender chicken, brown rice, bell peppers, corn, black beans, and a mixture of spices, this zesty dish is simple to prepare and ready in no time!
I’m still in awe that it’s back-to-school time for the kiddos around here.
Where has the time gone?
Although it’s still officially summer for about another month, I can’t help but think about all of the things that get me excited about fall. And when I think of fall, I always think of going back to school, even though my school days are long behind me.
Besides everything apples and pumpkin, I love creating easy dinner ideas. But, you already knew that, right? I’m all about the simple recipes around here, and when back-to-school time hits, I love sharing some meal solutions for those busy parents or working adults.
And even if you don’t have any kids, we could all use a few more easy dinner ideas in our life, right?
When I was grocery shopping a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon Success® Rice. Have you tried it before? It’s the original no measure, no mess, boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly and is ready in just ten minutes. Success Rice can be made on the stove or in the microwave, without sacrificing the quality and taste. Sounds pretty good, right?
And since it’s a staple in my kitchen, it can be used for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Success Rice is also gluten-free, non GMO and packaged in pre-measured colander-style bags.
Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice comes in two different sizes (14 ounce and 32 ounce bags) and can sit in hot water after cooked for up to 30 minutes. This rice is perfect for those busy weeknights and back-to-school meals.
After stocking up on Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice, I headed home to whip up a back-to-school meal. These Southwest Chicken and Rice Bowls are packed with flavor and perfect for weeknight meals. Filled with tender chicken, brown rice, bell peppers, corn, black beans, and a mixture of spices, this zesty dish is simple to prepare and ready in no time!
The flavors in these Southwest Chicken and Rice Bowls are what makes this dish extra delicious. The spices from the taco seasoning, punch of flavor from the ro-tel tomatoes, and the fresh veggies make this a meal time (and back-to-school time) winner.
Southwest-inspired anything is a favorite of mine, so I knew these rice bowls would be devoured in no time. The ingredients are fresh, simple and full of flavor. This dish also makes the perfect leftovers for back-to-school lunches. What could be better?
And besides the delicious taste, these bowls are a breeze to whip! Thanks to the ease of Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice, you can prepare the rice and then let it sit while cooking the chicken and veggies. Once everything is ready, toss it all together and get ready to be wowed.
Quick, easy, and jam-packed with a southwestern flair, these Southwest Chicken and Rice Bowls are bursting with fresh ingredients and made for busy nights. So grab those ingredients and become the star of the dinner table!
Southwest Chicken and Rice Bowls
- 1 14 ounce bag Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice alternatively, you can use about 1 1/4 cups dry rice of choice and cook according to directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 envelope (1.25 ounce) taco seasoning divided
- ½ green pepper diced
- ½ read pepper diced
- ½ yellow pepper diced
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10 ounce) ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Prepare Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice (or other rice) according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and chicken. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons taco seasoning. Cook chicken about 3-4 minutes, per side, until browned and cooked through. Remove to a separate plate.
- In the same skillet, add green pepper, red pepper, and yellow pepper. Sauté for about 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Add more olive oil, if needed. Add corn, black beans, ro-tel tomatoes, and cilantro to skillet. Stir to combine.
- Add prepared rice, chicken, and rest of taco seasoning. Stir to combine and let simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Spoon into bowls and top with more cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.