I don’t make pancakes all that often, but when I do, you can be sure that they’re loaded with flavor and on the healthier side, too. Ever since I made these Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes, I was hooked on the fresh taste and protein-packed ingredients. It quickly became one of my most popular recipes and I can definitely see why.
Yields 4 servings
Jam-packed with fresh apples, sweet cinnamon, and Greek yogurt, these Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are light, fluffy, and bursting with flavor. The caramelized apples add the perfect touch to these pancakes, providing a deliciously sweet apple glaze!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Melt butter in a large griddle pan. Alternatively, heat oil in pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg, and milk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently fold in diced apples.
- Pour 1/4 cup of pancake mixture onto hot griddle. Cook for two minutes, or until edges begin to bubble and the bottom turns golden brown.
- Gently flip over to other side and let cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter until all pancakes are cooked.
- While the pancakes are cooking, prepare caramelized apple topping.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon
- Cook over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes, or until apples become soft and tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup.
- Pour caramelized apple topping on pancakes.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from my Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes recipe.