Filled with fresh mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, and a sprinkling of spices, these Parmesan Mushroom Bites are packed with flavor and make the perfect treat for any occasion!
It’s Tuesday, guys.
Monday is over, but we’re not quite halfway through the week yet. Friday still seems so far away, so I thought I’d start today with some wine.
Yes, it may only be Tuesday, but wine is definitely needed, especially when it’s paired with a tasty appetizer. Am I right or am I right?
I’ve mentioned before that the hubster and I are wine lovers. We mainly gravitate towards the sweet, white wines, but on occasion, we’ve been known to venture into the land of reds. We belong to a wine club through a local restaurant and winery in our area, so we’re constantly stocking our overflowing wine rack with even more bottles to drink. Not a bad problem to have, right?
And that’s where these Parmesan Mushroom Bites come in. Filled with fresh mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, and a sprinkling of spices, these bites are packed with flavor and make the perfect treat for any occasion. By using a store-bought crust, you can have these prepped and ready in no time!
Not only are these Parmesan Mushroom Bites a breeze to whip up, but they pair perfectly with some wine. I mean, what goes better with wine than some finger foods?
And the prep time for these Parmesan Mushroom Bites couldn’t be easier. I used a store-bought pizza crust as the base for these bites. Simply cut the dough into pieces and line it into mini muffin tins.
Now comes the fun part, the mushrooms!
I could eat mushrooms every day, so I had to restrain myself from not devouring the entire mixture before it hit the oven.
To make the mushrooms, simply chopped some fresh mushrooms and saute in some melted butter Add in some heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and chives. Let the mixture come together and then place into the center of each muffin tin. Pop those babies into the oven and let it work its magic.
These Parmesan Mushroom Bites look fancy, but in reality, you can have these prepped and ready to be devoured in about 25 minutes. And that’s a winner in my book!
The flaky crust and savory mushroom mixture create the perfect, pop-able bite.
Top these bites off with some fresh chives, and you have a tasty and delicious treat. It’s perfect to serve with Garnacha wine for whenever you are hosting a party, get-together, or just want to indulge in an easy treat.
Looking for more appetizer recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Parmesan Mushroom Bites
- 1 (8 ounce) tube refrigerated, store-bought pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 container (8 ounces) fresh mushrooms chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives
- ½ cup heaving whipping cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough into a long rectangle. Cut into 24 pieces and place each piece into the bottom of a greased mini muffin tin. Lightly press down and up the sides. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic powder, and chives and saute until tender. Add in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Once most of the liquid has evaporated, spoon about 1 tablespoon of mushroom mixture into each mini muffin tin.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes, or until crust is golden. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.