A big thank you to BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands and companies that help make Pumpkin ‘N Spice possible!
Filled with ripe bananas, BAILEYS® Caramel Coffee Creamer, and caramel sauce, this Banana Caramel French Toast Bake is an easy breakfast that makes getting up in the mornings just a little bit easier!
It’s all about the little things in life that make me happy.
A blue sky, warm weather, and a hot cup of coffee in the morning.
Actually, a giant cup of coffee is more like it! I never used to drink it until after I graduated college, and since then, I’ve been hooked. And while I can drink coffee plain (well, cream and sugar are a necessity for me), I much prefer to add in some flavored creamers. It makes the drink even more delicious and fun to sip on.
I love trying out different coffee creamers and often stock up on at least one (or three) a week.
And my go-to creamer of choice has always been BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers. The smooth texture and delicious taste always puts me in a good mood and ready to start the day off right. And with classic flavors like Caramel or The Original Irish Cream, to their specialty ones, such as Vanilla Brown Sugar and Toffee Almond Cream, there’s a flavor for just about everyone to love.
So it only seemed natural that I take one of my favorite BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers and spin it into a unique recipe. After all, BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers can flavor just about anything!
And you know what goes along perfectly with some coffee (and BAILEYS®)? Yep you guessed it, this Banana Caramel French Toast Bake.
Filled with ripe bananas, BAILEYS® Caramel Coffee Creamer, and caramel sauce, this Banana Caramel French Toast Bake is an easy breakfast that makes getting up in the mornings just a little bit easier.
And if you like French toast, then you’ll love this simple bake that’s jam-packed with flavor.
French bread pieces are layered with a combination of banana slices and caramel sauce, and topped with a mixture of BAILEYS® Caramel Coffee Creamer, heavy cream, and a few other ingredients. A
s the French toast chills overnight, the bread soaks up the flavors, which results in pure caramel-banana heaven. This dish is the perfect breakfast to indulge in when you want something hot, delicious, and ready in no time. It’s also great for busy weekday mornings when you need something quick to grab ‘n go.
And did I mention how easy this Banana Caramel French Toast Bake is to make? Most of the prep work is done the night before, so all you need to do is to slice up some extra bananas, top with some caramel sauce, and pop it in the oven.
As soon as this Banana Caramel French Toast is ready, be prepared to be amazed. The thick and fluffy bread, combined with the bananas and caramel, create a delicious bake that is full of comforting flavors.
It’s almost like you’re eating a slice of banana bread, topped with some caramel. And yes, a heaping drizzle of caramel is necessary to top this French toast off! No syrup needed, just dunk this into some caramel, and your breakfast is ready to be devoured!
Looking for more breakfast recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Banana Caramel French Toast Bake
- 1 loaf French bread cut into cubes
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups BAILEYS® Caramel Coffee Creamer or any caramel coffee creamer
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 banana cut into thin slices
- ½ cup caramel sauce divided
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, BAILEYS® Caramel Coffee Creamer, heavy whipping cream, sugar, vanilla bean paste/extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Place ½ of bread cubes on bottom of baking dish. Top with sliced banana and ¼ cup of caramel sauce. Add rest of bread cubes on top.
- Pour egg mixture over bread, making sure to cover each piece with the mixture. Lightly press down on bread to ensure that each piece is saturated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F. Remove cover and top with ¼ cup caramel sauce.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until bread is firm and no more liquid remains. Remove from oven and top with additional banana slices and extra caramel sauce, if desired.