Light, flaky, and seasoned to perfection, this Baked Lemon Garlic Salmon is ready in less than 20 minutes and serves as a healthy meal!
One of my favorite types of food is seafood.
From fish to lobster to everything in between, I love it all. In fact, I don’t think there is any type of seafood that I don’t like. And whenever I go out to eat, seafood restaurants are always first in mind. I love the fresh selection and unique flavors that it provides. And since it’s not something that I have every day, it always seems like a special treat to me.
One of my favorite restaurant’s that serves seafood just happens to serve the most amazing salmon. Some people might say that it’s too strong of a flavor, but to me, that’s the perfect kind of fish. It’s tender, flaky, and oozes with flavor when prepared the right way.
So it was only natural that I take my favorite fish and create this deliciously easy Lemon Garlic Salmon. Light, flaky, and seasoned to perfection, this dish is ready in less than 20 minutes and serves as a healthy meal. And you just can’t beat that, right?
Ingredients for Baked Lemon Garlic Salmon
If you’re looking for a flavorful dish, then this Lemon Garlic Salmon is it! Filled with just the right amount of spices, it’s light, tender and packed with nutrients to keep you full and satisfied. And because this salmon is baked, it’s better than the fried kind and lower in calories, too.
Not sure what spices are good on salmon? Here’s what I used in this recipe:
- Salmon filets
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon slices
How to Make Baked Lemon Garlic Salmon
Like most of my recipes, the prep time for this garlic baked salmon takes just minutes! Simply whisk together some olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, and lemon juice. Lightly brush it over the salmon, top with a lemon slice, and then pop it in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Within minutes, this Lemon Garlic Salmon is ready to wow your tastes buds. Serve alongside a salad or fresh vegetables and you have yourself a healthy meal that you can feel good about eating!
How Long to Bake Salmon
This lemon and garlic salmon needs to bake, uncovered, for roughly 18 to 20 minutes at 400ºF.
Can You Eat Salmon Skin?
Yes! Salmon skin crisps up nicely in the oven and is packed with both flavor and nutrients.
Tips for Making Lemon Garlic Salmon
- Be sure to wash your lemon thoroughly under warm water before slicing it.
- You’re welcome to use other herbs and spices on your salmon, if desired. I kept it simple with garlic and oregano, but I bet Italian seasoning would work here too.
- You’ll know the salmon is cooked through when it flakes easily with a fork.
Looking for More Easy Seafood Recipes?
- Sheet Pan Salmon, Potatoes & Asparagus
- Salmon Quinoa Bowl
- Parmesan Basil Shrimp and Rice
- Garlic Parmesan Zoodles with Shrimp
- Alaskan Pollock Burgers
Baked Lemon Garlic Salmon
- 2 salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Place salmon onto pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, and lemon juice. Lightly brush over tops and sides of salmon. Place one lemon slice on top of each piece of salmon.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until fish is tender and flakes. Serve immediately with a drizzle of lemon juice, if desired.