This Gnocchi Pasta with Mushrooms in a Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce is packed with flavor and makes a delicious 30 minute meal. Tender gnocchi is tossed with the cheesy cream sauce and sprinkled with sautéed mushrooms. Fast, fresh, and easy to make, this will become a new favorite in your dinner rotation!
I kinda, sorta dislike February.
Ok, if I’m being brutally honest, January is my least favorite month, followed by February. Why? Because of the cold and snow, of course! Since I live near Chicago, you can bet that we haven’t seen the last of the brutal temps yet. But, if I’m trying to look on the bright side, February is one month closer to March, which is closer to April, which means that spring is (hopefully) on its way!
See? I’m allll about positive thinking!
February (and January) also symbolizes everything that’s to come this year. Since it’s often cold and dreary around here, it seems like it can be the most boring of months, with everything ahead of us to still look forward to….spring, summer, warm weather, etc.
But, since I’m trying to “warm” up to February, I thought I would start on a positive note by bring you this Garlic Parmesan Gnocchi Pasta with Mushrooms for 30 Minute Thursday!
If you’re new around here, 30 Minute Thursday happens on the first Thursday of every month and is delicious day where myself and some of my blogging friends share meals that can be made in just 30 minutes! Sounds pretty good, right?
Believe it or not, this was the first time that I made gnocchi! I know, I’ve been living under a rock. But, it’s not the first time that I’ve eaten it. It’s one of my favorite dishes to order out, so I decided it was time for me to make it myself. And let me tell you, this is a meal-time winner!
Why this gnocchi pasta recipe is so delicious:
- The gnocchi itself is like little pillows of pasta perfection! Just prepare it according to the package directions and your potato pasta is ready to go.
- The garlic Parmesan cream sauce is easy to make and oh man is it good! Chicken broth, a touch of heavy cream, flour, and shredded Parmesan cheese is all it takes.
- The mushrooms add an extra boost of flavor to this dish, making it extra delicious! Oh, mushrooms, how I love thee.
So, if you’re in need of an easy dinner (and who isn’t!) then grab those ingredients and whip up this flavorful and oh-so easy Gnocchi Pasta with Mushrooms in a Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce!
- Don’t boil the gnocchi too long. Most package directions say between 3-4 minutes, or until the gnocchi starts to float. If you boil the pasta too long, it becomes mushy.
- Be sure to add the shredded Parmesan cheese when the gnocchi is almost done simmering. If you add it too soon, it’ll end up in clumps, instead of being creamy.
- If the sauce is too thick, add about 1/2 tablespoon-2 tablespoons of additional heavy cream to thin out.
- Use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock to make this into a vegetarian dish.
- Try different types of mushrooms, such as shiitake or trumpet!
- Switch up the cheese by trying Romano or Asagio instead of Parmesan.
How to Make this Gnocchi Pasta Recipe:
- Cook gnocchi pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper then saute them until tender, roughly 5-6 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the broth, cream, and flour. Whisk until smooth, then simmer on low for 3-4 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add gnocchi then stir to combine.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese until thoroughly combined. Remove from heat and add the mushrooms in.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired, then serve!
Looking for more 30 Minute Meals? I’ve got you covered!
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms
- One Pan Chicken and Spinach Gnocchi
- Honey Garlic Salmon Quinoa Bowl
Did you make and love this recipe? Give it your review below and make sure to follow along with me on Facebook and Instagram to get other great recipe ideas!
Yields 4 esrvings
This Garlic Parmesan Gnocchi with Mushrooms is packed with flavor and makes a delicious 30 minute meal. Tender gnocchi is tossed in a garlic Parmesan cream sauce and sprinkled with sauteed mushrooms. Fast, fresh, and easy to make, this will become a new favorite in your dinner rotation!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 (16 ounce) package potato gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces fresh baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish, if desired
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and minced garlic. Saute until tender, for about 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add chicken broth, heavy cream, and flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Simmer on low for about 3-4 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add gnocchi and stir to combine.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese until thoroughly combined. Remove from heat.
- Add mushrooms and stir. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
If sauce is too thick, add about 1/2 tablespoon-2 tablespoons additional heavy cream to thin out.