Chicken Bacon Ranch Tortellini
Chicken Bacon Ranch Tortellini is an easy dinner that’s perfect for busy weeknights. With tender chicken, crispy bacon, and zesty seasonings, this simple pasta dish is ready in just 25 minutes!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Tortellini
Easy recipes are much needed around here.
So, it’s time to add a new family favorite to the rotation. One that the whole family will gobble up. If you’ve got a busy weeknight ahead of you, this bacon ranch tortellini is perfect for meal prep. It also makes the best leftovers, too.
Ranch seasoning goes so well with different foods. From pasta to veggies and meats, it’s such a versatile mix. If you remember this bacon ranch pasta salad from a while back, it’s a favorite around here.
And when you throw in some juicy chicken, cheese tortellini, and smoky bacon, your tastebuds will thank you. In fact, even my husband (who is not a ranch lover) devoured this tortellini in record time.
This easy meal really is simple and made with minimal ingredients…and that’s winner in my recipe book!
And to make it extra convenient, I used pre-cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. It’s one less step you need to take and it makes this chicken pasta super simple.
If you prefer to cook your own chicken breasts or have leftover chicken, feel free to use that. But, I just love using shredded rotisserie chicken, it has such a great flavor!
Store-bought tortellini, whether fresh or frozen, works well in this recipe. I personally prefer the fresh kind, but if you have the frozen variety, use that.
Did I mention the zesty, cream ranch sauce? It’s made up of a touch of half-and-half, shredded mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, and ranch dressing mix. Flavorful, yet simple and complements the pasta and meats perfectly.
Everything is made in practically one pot, except for the smoky bacon. But, if you’re looking to save time, you can even cook some store-bought microwaveable bacon and throw it into this easy pasta dish.
This light meal serves as the ultimate comfort food for the entire family. With just minutes of prep time, this is the perfect solution for a meal-time winner.
Ingredients in Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Recipe:
- Cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- Shredded, cooked chicken
- Shredded cheese
- Ranch seasoning mix (Hidden Valley is my favorite brand, but any kind will work)
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Tortellini with Bacon and Chicken:
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan from heat and transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to soak up the grease. Once bacon has cooled slightly, roughly chop.
While bacon is cooking, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
Add chopped bacon, chicken, half-and-half (or heavy cream), mozzarella, ranch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to tortellini. Stir well and cook over low heat until cheese has started to melt and chicken is warmed through.
Adjust seasonings, if needed, and serve immediately.
How to Store and Reheat Pasta:
Tortellini will last in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
To freeze: place cooled tortellini in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to two months. Defrost in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Reheat pasta in the microwave.
What to Serve with Pasta:
This bacon ranch casserole makes a delicious pasta dish on its own. However, I like to serve it with this air fryer cheesy garlic bread, a green salad, or fresh rolls.
Variations of Chicken Tortellini Pasta:
There are some great options to vary this tortellini. Here are a few of my favorite ways:
- Swap the cheese tortellini for meat tortellini or another pasta! The pasta itself is versatile and easy to customize. Penne pasta, rotini pasta, or cavatappi would work well.
- Switch up the cheese! Sharp cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, or pepperjack cheese would make a delicious addition.
- Leave out the chicken and/or bacon if you prefer! You can make this a vegetarian pasta or add in some ground beef or cooked shrimp for a different touch.
- Add some veggies! Fresh, cooked broccoli, asparagus or cherry tomatoes would make a tasty addition.
Tips for Making the Best Chicken Bacon Tortellini:
- If you want to save time, cook the bacon before-hand or use fully cooked bacon that you can find near the fresh bacon at your grocery store.
- If cooking your own chicken, either shred or cube when adding to the pasta.
- If you want a lighter sauce, swap the half-and-half with 2% milk. You can also swap the half-and-half with heavy cream for a richer taste.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste. I ended up adding almost the entire packet of ranch seasoning mix because i just love the flavors.
Looking for More Easy Pasta Recipes? I’ve Got You Covered!
- Chicken Alfredo Bake
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Pizza Pasta Salad
- Creamy Ground Beef Pasta
- Chili with Pasta
- Easy Baked Spaghetti
Chicken Bacon Ranch Tortellini
- 8 strips of bacon
- 1 (20 ounce) package cheese tortellini, (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken OR two small chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or cubed, (I used store-bought shredded rotisserie chicken found near the deli section of my grocery store)
- ¾ cup half-and-half, (or heavy cream)
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, (to taste)
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan from heat and transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to soak up the grease. Once bacon has cooled slightly, roughly chop.
- While bacon is cooking, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Add chopped bacon, chicken, half-and-half (or heavy cream), mozzarella, ranch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to tortellini. Stir well and cook over low heat until cheese has started to melt and chicken is warmed through.
- Adjust seasonings, if needed, and serve immediately.
- Fresh or frozen tortellini may be used.
- Tortellini will last in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days and in the freezer for up to two months.
- See my tips and tricks for making this Chicken Bacon Ranch Tortellini above the recipe box.