Funfetti Cake Batter Bars
Soft, moist, and full of cake batter flavor, these Funfetti Cake Batter Bars are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth in a fun way!
**August 2018 update!** This recipe was originally posted in august 2014. i decided that the photos desperately needed updating, so i reshot the recipe (but still kept the ingredient list and directions the same). i also kept the original post/story below that i wrote four summers ago!**
Funfetti cake batter, in bar form, swirled with white chocolate chips. Need I say more?
This has been the summer of desserts for me. Most weekends, I hole up in my kitchen and make some kind of a baked good (or three) to be featured on my blog, and also because I just love desserts, ya know? As much as I love cooking, I also love baking, maybe even a smidge more.
During the week, I plan out what I want to make for the weekend, and then I usually split my recipes between Saturdays and Sundays, depending on what I have planned for those days. Sometimes I make everything on Saturdays, sometimes only Sundays, but whatever the case may be, there’s a lot of action going on!
So it seemed only natural that I bring back one of my favorite flavors, funfetti! Are you sick of that yet? Please lie and say no.
Enter these Funfetti Cake Batter Bars. This shouldn’t even be a recipe, it’s just that easy to whip up. And I’m sure you might’ve seen some version of these bars floating around Pinterest space before, but now that I’ve officially tried and tested it, I’ve got to share this with you.
Pure funfetti deliciousness! These bars are soft, moist, and full of cake batter flavor. And with white chocolate chips swirled in the batter, it will take your funfetti experience to a whole new level. These bars contain just a few ingredients and whip up in minutes!
In fact, I’m going to bet that you might even have all of these ingredients in your kitchen.
These Funfetti Cake Batter Bars were so deliciously addicting, that I made the hubster bring these to his work so that his co-workers could devour them. I can’t be trusted around anything involving cake batter. Sad, I know. So please try out these bars and tell me that you love them, too.
Looking for more dessert recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Funfetti Cake Batter Bars
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box Funfetti cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons colored sprinkles, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy with a electric hand mixer, about 2-3 minutes. Add in egg and cake mix and beat until combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until bars turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Cut into bars and serve.