This Mushroom and Spinach Pasta is an easy 20-minute meal that the whole family will enjoy. Filled with fresh mushrooms, spinach, garlic, and Parmesan cheese, this creamy pasta is bursting with flavor and ready in no time!
It’s no secret that I love garlic. It’s my favorite spice to cook with it, and I practically use it in every dish that I possibly can without going over the garlic edge of insanity. From this hummus to that corn and this garlic bread, you could definitely say that garlic and I are best friends.
But, throw some Parmesan cheese in the mix, and it makes everything even better. You see, garlic and Parmesan together is my absolute favorite combo. I have enough recipes on Pumpkin ‘N Spice to feed a small army of garlic and Parmesan fans, and I don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
So, it only seemed natural that the 30-Minute Thursday dish for November (woohoo!) should be one filled with garlic, parmesan, and lots of carbs. After all, we’re nearing the holidays, so I’m making it a rule that calories don’t count. Starting now. Who’s with me?
This mushroom and spinach pasta in a creamy garlic Parmesan sauce is an easy, 20-minute meal that the whole family will enjoy. Filled with fresh mushrooms, spinach, garlic and Parmesan cheese, this creamy pasta is bursting with flavor and ready in no time! If you’re a fan of garlic and Parmesan like I am, then this dish was made for you.
And did I mention that I L-O-V-E mushrooms? And spinach, too? If you’re the same as me, then you’ll go crazy over this garlic Parmesan pasta.
Ingredients Needed for Mushroom & Spinach Pasta
The ingredients for this vegetarian pasta dish are so simple! You’re just seven items of deliciousness away from this cheesy, creamy, garlicky bowl of goodness. Filled with mushrooms, spinach and loads of flavor, I guarantee this pasta will be the talk of the dinner table!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this spinach mushroom pasta:
- Unsalted butter
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh spinach
How to Make Mushroom and Spinach Pasta
Like most of my recipes, this vegetarian pasta dish is a breeze to whip up! From start to finish, you can have this creamy and dreamy spinach pasta ready in 20 minutes. You can’t get much easier than that! Especially since Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. I don’t know about you, but I’ll take all of the easy meals that I can get my hands on!
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, then add the sliced mushrooms and sauté. Add in the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, then stir in the shredded cheese, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
What Type of Pasta Should I Use?
You can make this mushroom and spinach pasta with any short, study pasta. Elbow macaroni, mini ziti, and penne are all good options.
Can I Add Other Veggies to This Garlic Parmesan Pasta?
I don’t see why not! The creamy garlic Parmesan sauce pairs perfectly with just about any veggie.
Tips for Making Mushroom & Spinach Pasta
This recipe is fairly flexible and can be adapted to your family’s needs. To bulk up this dish even more, add diced or shredded chicken, or even shrimp.
If you don’t have spinach on hand, finely chopped kale or arugula would also work. You can also use different varieties of mushrooms!
I’ve only made this garlic Parmesan pasta with fresh spinach, but I bet you could use frozen spinach if desired. You may want to thaw the spinach and squeeze out any excess liquid before adding it to the skillet.
Looking for more easy pasta recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- 30-Minute Lasagna Rollups
- Instant Pot Pesto Chicken with Pasta
- Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper
- Cheeseburger Casserole
Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms
- 8 ounces dry pasta (I used mini ziti noodles)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk (any kind)
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Cooking pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Then add in garlic, being careful not to burn.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cooked and drained pasta to skillet. Stir in Parmesan cheese, milk, salt and pepper until mixed through. Remove from heat. Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve immediately.
- See tips for making this recipe in the blog post above.