Easy Lasagna Rolls combine the classic flavors of lasagna, but without all of the prep work. With just a few ingredients, this hearty comfort dish is ready in 30 minutes!
I will admit that I’m not the biggest fan of red sauce.
I much prefer Alfredo, garlic and parmesan, or pesto over red sauce.
Except when it comes to lasagna and spaghetti. These foods are my version of pure comfort. And when the weather gets cold, I crave these dishes.
I’ve made homemade lasagna before, and while it’s definitely worth the effort, I often don’t feel like going through all of that prep work. From making your own meat sauce, to layering the noodles and mixing the cheeses…it’s a lot of work!
And since I’m all about those easy dinner recipes around here, this lasagna rolls recipe is about as simple as it comes.
An easy meat sauce, some spices, lasagna noodles, and cheese. That’s it!
How to make Lasagna Rolls:
These lasagna roll ups resemble classic lasagna, in easy to make (and assemble!) form. Because we’re taking short cuts, there is no ricotta or egg involved in this lasagna recipe.
- To start, you’ll want to cook about 8 lasagna noodles according to the package directions. Once the noodles are done, drain and lay in a single layer on parchment paper.
- As the noodles are cooking, brown and crumble some ground beef until no longer pink. Drain and return ground beef to the same skillet (wipe skillet if needed).
- Add in half of a 24 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce and some spices and stir to combine. Heat over low heat until warmed through.
- Spread a think layer of meat sauce over each noodle, spreading almost to the edges. Add a sprinkling of shredded mozzarella cheese and some grated Parmesan cheese.
- Carefully roll each lasagna noodle and place seam-side down onto the bottom of a greased baking dish. Top with remaining sauce and some cheese. Then let the oven work its magic!
Some tips for assembling Lasagna Rolls:
Be careful not to overcook lasagna noodles, as you don’t want them too overdone. It’s best to cook noodles until al dente, or as listed on the package.
Once noodles are cooked, drain and then spread them out on a piece of parchment paper. This way, the noodles won’t stick once you roll them up.
When adding the meat sauce, be sure to use a thin layer. Overfilling the noodles will result in a mess when rolling and transferring to the baking dish.
Can I make Lasagna Roll-Ups ahead of time?
Absolutely! Simply prepare as directed, but do not bake until ready to serve. Cover baking dish with foil and refrigerate until ready to cook. These easy lasagna roll-ups will last about three days, unbaked, in the refrigerator.
Once ready to bake, remove rolls from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before baking.
Can I freeze these Lasagna Rolls?
Yes! You can either freeze the rolls once assembled, but before baking. Or, you can bake, let cool to room temperature, and then freeze in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to three months.
Variations of Lasagna Rolls:
Swap out the ground beef for ground turkey, ground chicken, Italian sauce, shredded beef, chicken, or pork.
Adjust the seasonings! Add some basil, rosemary or thyme for more flavor.
Use different cheeses! Feta, pepper jack, or ricotta would be delicious additions to these roll-ups.
What to serve with Lasagna Rolls:
Bread! Crusty bread, this cheesy garlic bread, or these cheddar rosemary biscuits would be perfect.
A green salad! A fresh salad complements these easy lasagna roll ups recipe wonderfully.
Your easy, weeknight lasagna is just waiting to be devoured, friends! Not only is this lasagna rollup recipe kid-friendly, but its a hit with the adults, too. I guarantee you’ll love it!
Looking for more 30 minute meals? I’ve got you covered!
- Chili with Pasta
- Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper
- Honey Garlic Chicken Stir-Fry
- Easy Shepherd’s Pie
- Cheesy Beef Tortellini Skillet
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar (24 ounce) spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook the lasagna noodles until al dente, according to package directions. Once cooked, drain and spread in an even layer on parchment paper.
- As noodles are cooking, in a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain, wipe skillet (if needed), and return meat to skillet. Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and half the jar of spaghetti sauce. Stir to combine and heat over low heat until warmed through.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce evenly over each noodle. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Carefully roll up each noodle and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish. Top with rest of spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and serve immediately. If freezing, let cool to room temperature and then place in an airtight container or large ziploc bag in the freezer for up to three months.