Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are soft, chewy, and loaded with flavor. This easy cookie recipe is ready in no time and perfect for peanut butter lovers!
I’m back on the cookie train, friends! Specifically, this peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe. If you’re a peanut butter lover, then these were made for you!
I’m no stranger to peanut butter treats around here. You may remember these peanut butter and jelly muffins, those peanut butter banana energy bites, or this no-bake peanut butter cup cheesecake, just to name a few.
And ever since I made these cookies a few months ago, I’ve been craving peanut butter like crazy. If you’re like me and can’t get enough of it, then you’ll love this dessert.
This easy peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe is my favorite one to date. Not only do these easy peanut butter oatmeal cookies bake up soft, pillowy, and chewy, but they also have that delectable, peanut butter flavor. And the hearty oats just make the texture even better. It’s a match made in cookie heaven!
Have I convinced you to make these chewy oatmeal cookies yet? If you like soft, pillowy, peanut buttery cookies, then these were made for you!
Ingredients Needed for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
It’s dangerously easy to make a batch of these peanut butter and oatmeal cookies because they require all pantry staples:
- Old-fashioned oats
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Creamy peanut butter
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla bean paste (or extract)
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Variations to Try
This is a fairly flexible recipe, so feel free to make these chewy peanut butter oatmeal cookies your own! Here are a few ways you can switch up this recipe:
- Add some chocolate chips! This would pair perfectly with the peanut butter and oats.
- Drizzle some white or dark chocolate on top of cooled cookies!
- Add peanut butter chips! Because the more peanut butter, the merrier.
How to Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Like most of my recipes, these easy peanut butter oatmeal cookies are literally a breeze to make. In less than 30 minutes, you can have these peanut butter oat cookies prepped, baked and warm from the oven.
- Combine some old-fashioned oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream softened butter, peanut butter, sugar and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla bean paste (or extract) and then add oat mixture to the peanut butter mixture.
- Roll dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and then let the oven work its magic. Easy-peasy and no chilling of the dough is required!
Can I freeze peanut butter oatmeal cookies?
You sure can! Let cookies cool completely and then place easy peanut butter cookies into a freezer-safe container or bag for up to three months. When ready to eat, thaw at room temperature.
How long do peanut butter oat cookies last?
If stored in an airtight container, these peanut butter oatmeal cookies will last up to 5 days at room temperature.
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Be sure to use old-fashioned oats, not the quick oats. The old-fashioned kind give these cookies a chewier texture than quick oats would.
Creamy peanut butter works best for these cookies. I do not recommend using crunchy or natural peanut butter, as the texture may be a bit off.
Be careful not to over bake these peanut butter oat cookies. You want the edges to be just set before removing from the oven. The peanut butter and oatmeal cookies will continue to bake on the pan once taken out of the oven, and we’re looking for that soft and chewy texture.
Looking for more peanut butter desserts? I’ve got you covered!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookies
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Bread
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and creamy for about 2 minutes using a stand mixer with fitted paddle attachment or electric hand mixer.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla bean paste/extract.
- Add oat mixture to peanut butter mixture and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Scoop dough into balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking pans. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until edges are just set.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 10 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- See my tips and tricks for making these peanut butter oatmeal cookies above the recipe box.