Honey Garlic Chicken Legs are a fast and easy dish that’s loaded with flavor. Chicken legs are coated in a sweet and savory glaze and baked until tender and juicy. Perfect for a simple dinner!
Honey Garlic Chicken Legs
I’ve got to tell you…these baked Honey Garlic Chicken Legs are my new favorite around here. And the hubster’s, too, which is saying a lot!
Can you tell that I’ve been cranking out the easy chicken recipes lately? This creamy parmesan mushroom chicken, those honey balsamic chicken thighs and this baked lemon chicken are just a few of my latest dinner recipes.
I’ve mentioned this before, and I’ll say it again, chicken is often boring to me (too plain, too dry) so I love to experiment with flavors and different cuts of chicken. While I like chicken breasts for convenience, bone in, skin on chicken thighs and legs are my favorite. Now that is where the flavor is at!
And these easy baked drumsticks are not only loaded with flavor, but they’ve got that tender, juicy, fall-off-the-bone quality. No plain jane chicken here, friends.
Honey baked drumsticks are coated with the most delicious glaze made up of honey, garlic, soy sauce, and brown sugar. It’s sweet, savory, and just about the best chicken marinade.
How to make Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks:
With just a few ingredients, you can have these baked garlic chicken legs ready in no time!
- To start, preheat the oven and season about 10-12 drumsticks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk the chicken glaze: honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, and some Italian seasoning. Brush half of the mixture over the chicken legs and then bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, brush the rest of the mixture over chicken, and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- For extra flavor and crispiness, broil the chicken for 3-4 minutes under high heat. This is completely optional, but a good way to get even more delicious results!
How long does it take to bake chicken legs at 400°F?
All ovens will vary, but it generally takes chicken legs anywhere from 20-30 minutes when cooked on the center rack. The chicken should be cooked through and reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
How do you know if chicken is done cooking?
The best (and easiest) way to tell when chicken is cooked is by using a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken, without touching the bone. The temperature should reach 165°F.
Are chicken drumsticks healthy?
The way you prepare chicken drumsticks depends on how healthy it can be. Breaded or fried chicken is less healthy than this baked chicken, as it contains more fat and cholesterol. Chicken is a good source of protein and amino acids.
What do you serve with baked chicken drumsticks?
Looking for more easy chicken dinners? I’ve got you covered!
- Easy Teriyaki Chicken
- Instant Pot Pesto Chicken with Pasta
- Baked Salsa Chicken
- One Pan Chicken and Spinach Gnocchi
- Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Honey Garlic Chicken Legs
- 10-12 chicken legs bone-in, skin-on
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray. Place chicken legs on pan and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning until combined. Brush half of mixture over chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove chicken from oven and brush remaining glaze over chicken. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. If desired, broil chicken legs under high heat for 2-4 minutes to get the skins extra crisp. Serve immediately.
- See my tips and tricks for making these chicken legs above recipe box