Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are an easy, one pan meal that’s ready in less than 30 minutes. Fast, fresh, and loaded with flavor, this simple meal will become a dinnertime favorite!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
I think I found my new favorite sheet pan recipe.
You know, one that’s easy to prep, cooks quickly, and is sure to wow your taste buds. That kind of recipe. These easy chicken fajitas fit the bill and are now on a monthly rotation in my house.
How can you not love a sheet pan dinner? Everything is made on one pan, which means less clean up and more time spent outside of the kitchen.
You can chop the veggies and chicken in advance and throw everything together once it’s time to cook dinner. These easy chicken fajitas really are that simple! And full of deliciousness, too. The peppers, onions, and chicken are coated with zesty seasonings that aren’t lacking in flavor. Mmm mmm good!
And I love how versatile these baked chicken fajitas are…load ’em into a tortilla, spoon onto some greens, or make it into a taco salad. The possibilities are endless!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Ingredients:
- Red, yellow, and green bell peppers
- Red onion
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Seasonings (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper)
- Tortillas for serving, if desired
How to Make Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas:
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped veggies, chicken, and olive oil. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix the seasonings and then sprinkle over the veggies and chicken. Toss thoroughly to combine, ensuring everything is coated in the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the veggies and chicken evenly onto a large baking pan and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
My Favorite Chicken Fajitas Sides:
How long do chicken fajitas last?
This fajita recipe will last in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Fajita Toppings to Try:
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
Can I freeze Easy Chicken Fajitas?
You sure can! Simply let the chicken and veggies cool to room temperature and then store in a freezer-safe container or ziploc bag in the freezer for up to three months.
Tips for the Best Chicken Fajitas:
- Be sure to slice the vegetables and chicken into the same size pieces. Otherwise, they might cook unevenly and turn out too dry/undercooked when the timer goes off.
- Be sure to cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Drizzle some fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro over the chicken and veggies before serving for extra flavor.
Looking for More Sheet Pan Dinners? I’ve got you covered!
- Sheet Pan Rosemary Herb Pork Chops & Potatoes
- Banana Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Salmon & Asparagus
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 small red onion cut into chunks
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime, cilantro, tortillas if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the sliced vegetables, chicken, and olive oil. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over vegetables and chicken and thoroughly toss to coat, ensuring every piece is seasoned.
- Spread evenly onto prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Drizzle with fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro, if desired, and serve with tortillas.
- Chicken fajitas will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- See my tips and tricks for making these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas above the recipe box.