This Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup is loaded with chicken, fresh vegetables, and tender noodles, all tossed in a creamy broth. Warm, comforting, and lightened up, you can feel good about indulging in the classic soup, with a creamy twist!
Just thinking about chicken noodle soup whisks me back to my childhood and all things cozy and warm.
Same for you?
It seems like chicken noodle soup is a classic favorite for most people, and for me, it’s still a staple in my household.
It’s my go-to soup when I’m feeling sick, and my number one choice when I want a hot bowl of deliciousness. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, soup is my absolute favorite.
I eat it at least once a week (no exaggeration) and never tire of it. There’s just something about the warm broth, hearty veggies, and savory flavor that draws me in every time.
And I’m not picky about the flavors, either. While I usually opt for more broth-based soups over the creamy kind, I do love them all. French onion (be still my heart), chowders, Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup, One Pot Chicken Fajita Soup…you name it, and I’m there.
I’ve always loved soup (especially chicken noodle) and could sip on it all day long. It doesn’t help that I’m always cold, so even in the summer, you can find me with a bowl of soup nearby!
Interesting fact about me: I’m not the biggest fan of leftovers. I know, I know…I can feel you glaring at me. I’m just not, I never have been, and if I eat leftovers, it has to be pretty darn spectacular (like homemade soup or pizza).
So, when the hubster is eating leftovers for dinner, that’s when soup comes into play for me. It’s my go-to meal of choice!
And that’s where this Crockpot creamy chicken noodle soup comes into play. It’s a mouthful to say (no pun intended!) but oh-so good.
Ingredients for Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
If you’re a fan of chicken noodle soup like I am, then you’ll love this creamy spin that I put into the soup. I realize it’s nothing new, but man, oh man, is it good!
And best of all, it’s on the lighter side! Using only milk (no heavy cream or flour), you still get that creamier texture, without all of the added calories.
Here’s what you’ll need to make easy Crockpot chicken noodle soup:
- Chicken breasts
- Dried herbs
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Egg noodles
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup in a Crockpot
This homemade creamy chicken noodle soup is loaded with chicken, fresh vegetables, and tender noodles, all tossed in a creamy broth. Warm, comforting, and lightened up, you can feel good about indulging in the classic soup, with a creamy twist!
Add the chicken, carrots, onion, minced garlic, oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and chicken broth to slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Shred using a knife and fork.
Return chicken, along with milk, noodles, and parsley to slow cooker. Stir and cook on high until noodles are tender.
One bite and you’ll fall in love with the savory broth, the seasoned chicken, and the tender carrots. Comfort food at its finest, friends!
Can I Use Different Vegetables?
Yes, the best part about this Crockpot creamy chicken noodle soup is that it’s so easy to customize depending on your tastes!
The hubster and I don’t like celery, so I didn’t add that in, but if you do, feel free to use it. Love peas? Add ’em in? Hate carrots? Take ’em out. See what I mean?
Can Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Be Frozen?
Since the soup contains milk, I don’t recommend freezing it. I worry that it will split once frozen and be grainy after being reheated.
Tips for Making Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Season to taste as you go along. I used the exact measurements as listed in the recipe below, but once the soup was done, I adjusted the seasonings a bit more to fit my tastes (i.e. more salt and pepper).
- Be careful not to cook the chicken too long, otherwise it will become dry and rubbery.
- It’s best to let the chicken rest for 10 minutes once you remove it from the slow cooker (and before you shred it) so that it retains some of its juices.
- Watch those noodles! It’s easy to overcook them, and if that happens, they become mushy. Check after 8 minutes to see how tender noodles are.
So grab those ingredients and whip up this easy creamy chicken noodle soup . I guarantee it’ll become a new favorite of yours!
Looking for more chicken soup recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Black Bean Chicken Chili
- Spring Chicken Soup
Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 3 medium)
- 3 medium carrots peeled and sliced (about 1 cup)
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1½ cups 2% milk
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Add chicken, carrots, onion, minced garlic, oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and chicken broth to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Then shred using a knife and fork.
- Add chicken, along with milk, noodles, and parsley to slow cooker. Stir and cook for 8-10 minutes on high, or until noodles are tender.