This Stovetop Tuna Noodle Casserole is an easy, one pan meal that’s ready in just 30 minutes. Creamy, warm and hearty, this classic dish will quickly become a dinner-time favorite!
Easy meals, especially dinners, are the name of my game.
If you’ve been hanging around my little corner of the internet, then you know I’m all about those simple dishes with minimal ingredients and prep time. And that’s why I love Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup. It’s a favorite of mine and perfect to use when you want to simplify a recipe without sacrificing taste.
So when I thinking of a what to make for dinner a few weeks ago, one of my favorite dishes came to mind: Tuna Noodle Casserole! I didn’t eat it much growing up, usually only at potlucks or a friend’s house, but I have always loved the creamy noodles and tuna that came together for a blast of decadence.
I’ve only made cheesy tuna casserole one other time, and I’m not quite sure why I haven’t made it more often. I absolutely adore it, and so does the hubster.
Not only is the recipe a breeze to whip up but it’s also so warm and comforting. It makes perfect leftovers, too. And if you know me, I’m not big into leftovers. But this simple tuna casserole is leftover heaven for me.
An easy, one-pan dish that’s ready in 30 minutes? Sign me up! This hearty stovetop tuna noodle casserole with cheese is perfect for those busy weeknights when cooking is the last thing you want to do. And did I mention that this heats up beautifully for leftovers? That’s a winner in my book, friends.
And by using Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, you can ensure that this casserole has a deliciously thick and creamy texture. Just what you want in comfort food!
Ingredients in Stovetop Tuna Noodle Casserole
You’ll need just 10 ingredients to make this cheesy tuna noodle casserole:
- Chicken broth
- Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Frozen peas
- Canned tuna
- Cheddar cheese
- Butter crackers
How to Make Stovetop Tuna Noodle Casserole
Like most of my recipes, this easy tuna casserole with egg noodles comes together in minutes.
- You will start by whisking together some chicken broth, Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, and some spices in a large skillet.
- Then, you’ll add in some egg noodles (or your noodle of choice) and frozen peas and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture is simmered and the noodles are tender, it’s time to stir in some tuna and cheese. After all, who can resist melty cheese?
- Then, you will sprinkle additional cheese on the top of the casserole, followed by some crushed butter crackers.
- Cover and let sit for a few minutes until the cheese has melted, and your dinner is ready to be devoured.
Quick, easy, and loaded with flavor, this classic tuna casserole is perfect to serve on busy weeknights or for when you want a simple weekend meal. I guarantee you’ll love this comfort food just as much as I do!
Can You Freeze Tuna Casserole?
Yes! This casserole can be frozen for up to three months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
Tips for Making Cheesy Tuna Casserole
- I recommend using reduced sodium chicken broth so you can control the amount of salt in this dish.
- I kept this a super simple tuna casserole and added just frozen peas, but I bet you could add other finely chopped frozen veggies as well.
- I prefer using a sharp cheddar cheese in this recipe. It pairs nicely with the creamy casserole!
Looking for More One-Pot Dinner Recipes?
- One-Pot Lasagna Soup
- One-Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Cheesy Beef Tortellini Skillet
- One-Pan Chicken and Spinach Gnocchi
- One-Pan Beef Stroganoff
Stovetop Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10.5) ounce Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces egg noodles (about 4 cups)
- 1½ cups frozen peas
- 1 (12 ounce) can white tuna , drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese , divided
- ½ cup crushed butter crackers , for topping
- In a large skillet, add the chicken broth, Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk until combined and mostly smooth (a few little chunks are fine).
- Stir in egg noodles and frozen peas. Bring mixture to a boil. Then, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in tuna and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese until melted.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and crushed crackers over top of casserole. Cover until cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes.