This One-Pan Chicken and Spinach Gnocchi is perfect for an easy weeknight meal. Tender gnocchi is paired with shredded chicken, mushrooms and fresh spinach, and then tossed in a light parmesan cream sauce. Simple to make and full of flavor, this comforting dish will be a favorite all year long!
One pan meals. I love experimenting with these dishes and trying to make them on the lighter side when I can. And because I’m all about the easy recipes around here, you can bet that one pan meals, with lighter ingredients, have been on repeat around here lately.
Less mess, less dishes, and less clean-up. What more could you ask for? Especially when nights are busy, the kiddos have after-school sports, clubs, and you’re not in the mood to prepare a complicated meal.
But, you still want a home-cooked dish that’s full of flavor.
This One Pan Chicken and Spinach Gnocchi is perfect for an easy weeknight meal. Tender gnocchi is paired with shredded chicken, mushrooms and fresh spinach, and then tossed in a light parmesan cream sauce. Simple to make and full of flavor, this comforting dish will be a favorite all year long!
Is there anything more warm and hearty than gnocchi coated in a creamy sauce? It just screams comfort food to me, friends.
What’s in Chicken & Spinach Gnocchi?
It only takes a few ingredients to whip up this pan fried gnocchi with chicken and spinach. By using oil instead of butter, 1% milk instead of heavy cream, and low-sodium chicken broth instead of the regular kind, this dish is on the lighter side. Lighter, but definitely not lacking in flavor.
Here’s what goes into this dish:
- Potato gnocchi
- Olive oil
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Italian seasoning
- Chicken broth
- All-purpose flour
- Cooked, shredded chicken
- Fresh spinach
- Shredded Parmesan
How to Make Chicken & Spinach Gnocchi
This simple dish can be ready in less than 30 minutes, too. How about that for a cozy weeknight meal?
- To start, you’ll want to cook the gnocchi according to package directions in boiling water.
- While the gnocchi is cooking, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until tender, and then toss in some minced garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Once the mushrooms are done, remove to a separate plate.
- In the same skillet, add the low-sodium chicken broth, milk, and flour. Whisk until smooth and then simmer on low for 3-4 minutes, or until it’s thickened.
- Then, add in the shredded chicken, gnocchi, mushrooms, and spinach.
- Then, remove from heat and stir in the shredded Parmesan cheese.
Easy peasy and oh-so delicious, friends! One bite and you’ll be hooked on the flavorful cream sauce, combined with the gnocchi, chicken and spinach. It’s a match made in food heaven.
So if you’re looking for that perfect comfort dish for the season, this spinach and chicken gnocchi pasta is it! Fast, fresh and flavorful, you’ll be making it over and over again.
What to Serve with Pan Fried Gnocchi
I love serving this spinach and chicken gnocchi recipe with roasted veggies, crusty bread, or a simple side salad. Here are some gnocchi side dish ideas to get you started:
- Roasted Garlic Lemon Broccoli
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad
- Corn and Tomato Salad
- Parmesan Roasted Carrots
Tips for Making Chicken and Gnocchi with Spinach
- I used the store-bought already shredded rotisserie chicken in this dish for ease and convenience. It’s already cooked and shredded, which is perfect to save you on time.
- You want to get fresh potato gnocchi, if possible. You’ll find it in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
- I used 1% milk, but you can use any milk you’d like. You could even use heavy cream or half and half for an ultra creamy chicken and spinach gnocchi.
Looking for more quick pasta recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Creamy Ground Beef Pasta
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Garlic Parmesan Gnocchi with Mushrooms
- Easy Chili Pasta
- Skillet Gnocchi with Brussels Sprouts
One Pan Chicken and Spinach Gnocchi
- 1 (16 ounce) package potato gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh baby bella mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons 1% milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute until tender, for about 5-6 minutes. Add minced garlic, Italian season, salt and pepper. Saute for one minute, then remove to a plate a set aside.
- In the same skillet, add low-sodium chicken broth, milk, and flour. Whisk until smooth. Simmer on low for about 3-4 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add gnocchi, chicken, mushrooms, and spinach. Stir to combine and simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until warmed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in shredded Parmesan cheese until thoroughly combined. Serve immediately.