One Pan Beef Stroganoff
This Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff is packed with crumbled ground beef, tender mushrooms, and a rich and creamy sauce. Made with just a few ingredients and ready in just 30 minutes, you can have this easy dish ready to devour in no time!
Today I’ve got a warm and hearty, stick-to-your-ribs kind of dish to share. Beef stroganoff!
But not just any beef stroganoff. It’s a one pot ground beef stroganoff, made from scratch, with no canned soup, and ready in just 30 minutes. How does that sound for a Thursday?
If you grew up with this dish, chances are you loved the combination of beef and mushrooms, with that rich and creamy sauce. The funny thing is that I can’t remember my parents ever making this dish (I know, right?!) but I can remember eating it at potlucks and other people’s houses…go figure!
This simple beef stroganoff is packed with crumbled ground beef, tender mushrooms, and a rich and creamy sauce. Made with just a few ingredients and ready in just 30 minutes, you can have this easy dish ready to devour in no time!
Unlike most other stroganoff recipes, this One Pan Beef Stroganoff is made without the canned cream of mushroom soup. The combination of beef broth and a touch of sour cream and garlic make this creamy sauce extra special.
So relive your childhood or make your adult food dreams come true with this simple, One Pan Beef Stroganoff. Ready in just 30 minutes and filled with simple ingredients, it’s guaranteed to be a hit with even the pickiest of eaters!
Ingredients for Ground Beef Stroganoff
Trust me when I say that this simple beef stroganoff is comfort food at its finest. Ground beef, tender mushrooms, and a simple sauce make this dish extra special. And when you serve it over hot egg noodles, get ready to be wowed.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the easy ground beef stroganoff:
- Ground beef
- White onion
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- Beef broth
- Worcestershire sauce
- All-purpose flour
- Sour cream
How to Make Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff
Did I mention that this is a one pan meal? Everything gets made in one pan, and one pan only. Which means less cleanup and a happier kitchen!
Here’s how the easy beef stroganoff with ground beef is made:
In a large skillet, brown and crumble the ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat.
Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms start to soften.
In a small bowl, combine the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika. Whisk in flour until no lumps remain.
Add broth mixture to beef mixture and stir. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer until slightly thickened.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Serve over hot egg noodles and garnish with parsley, if desired.
Can This Recipe Be Made in Advance?
Yes! You can make the beef stroganoff with ground beef up to five days in advance and gently reheat it on the stove when you’re ready to serve. I don’t recommend cooking the egg noodles in advance, as they tend to dry out in the fridge.
Side Dishes for Beef Stroganoff
I love serving ground beef stroganoff with buttered egg noodles. If you need some more beef stroganoff sides, here are my suggestions:
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Parmesan Carrots
- Garlic Herb Potatoes
- Roasted Green Beans
- Cheddar Rosemary Biscuits
Tips for Making Beef Stroganoff with Ground Beef
- I used a pound of mini baby bella mushrooms, but if you’re not too crazy about them, feel free to only use 8 ounces of mushrooms.
- I also opted for ground beed instead of beef chunks, just for ease of making the recipe. However, you’re welcome to substitute beef stew meat or something similar, noting that the cook time will be much longer.
- You may be able to substitute the sour cream with full-fat plain Greek yogurt. However, I haven’t tried it myself so I can’t say for sure.
Looking for More Ground Beef Dinners?
- Cheesy Beef Tortellini Skillet
- Creamy Ground Beef Pasta
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- Easy Baked Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker Pizza Chili
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 16 ounces mini baby bella mushrooms, fresh
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble the ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until just a little pink remains. Drain, if needed, and return to skillet.
- Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes, or until mushrooms start to soften.
- In a small bowl, combine beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika. Whisk in flour until no lumps remain.
- Add broth mixture to beef mixture and stir. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low heat for 5-7 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve over hot egg noodles and garnish with parsley, if desired.
I feel like we have the same childhood comfort foods! Beef Stroganoff was definitely one of my favorites, and your 30-minute, one pan version sounds amazing. Perfect weeknight dinner!
Isn’t it the best? Thanks, Blair!
Beef stroganoff was something my father made A LOT when I was growing up, but truth be told, I haven’t had it in ages! And I have ZERO clue why, because it’s definitely comfort food at it’s finest! Obviously NEED to make this! It looks just delicious and you really can’t beat a 30 minute meal! Pinned! Cheers!
It is great comfort food! Thanks, Cheyanne!
You know what? I love beef stroganoff, but it’s not something that was regularly made at home either! Love that it’s 30 minutes and one pot, but you know what I love even more? That you didn’t use canned mushroom soup! Love that you gave it creaminess from sour cream! Yay for team mushrooms 😉 Pinned! Cheers to a wonderful weekend, Gayle!
Yes! It’s definitely so good without the canned soup. Thanks for the sweet comment, friend!
Yep! Right back to childhood! This and Swiss Steak – these are classic dishes! This looks amazing!
This is such an amazing 30 minute meal and I love that you made it all in one pot — even better! I haven’t made beef stroganoff in forever and this is making me hungry!
Thank you, Marcie!
Love mushrooms, too! This looks so delicious and easy to make! And it is one pot! Pinning 🙂
One pot meals are the best! Thanks, Mira!