This Cinnamon Banana Croissant French Toast features thick slices of flaky, buttery croissants that are sprinkled with a cinnamon mixture and topped with caramelized bananas. Simple, fresh, and bursting with a rich flavor, this is the perfect way to switch up your classic french toast!
Have you ever had croissant french toast before?
If not, I’m about to turn you into a croissant-loving french toast eater.
You may remember that french toast and I are on somewhat shaky terms. Shaky, because it’s not a dish that I can have too often. I’ll pretty much take any kind of breakfast dish over french toast…until my cravings strike. And that’s every once in a great while.
But, when I smell french toast at a restaurant or get the image in my mind, it means that I need my cure of this breakfast treat. Specifically, the homemade kind, because I can make it to my liking.
And my newest french toast? This decadent version with flaky croissants, warm cinnamon, and caramelized bananas.
What Makes This Cinnamon Banana Croissant French Toast So Fantastic:
- This recipe uses buttery croissants instead of regular bread. The thicker texture and flaky crust complements the classic flavors of french toast.
- Like most of my recipes, it’s simple, straight-forward, and cooks up quickly.
- It’s topped with delicious caramelized bananas. The melted butter, brown sugar, and hint of cinnamon make the bananas extra special.
Croissant french toast. It kicks regular french toast to a whole new level. If you’re a fan of buttery croissants like I am, then you’re going to l-o-v-e this Cinnamon Banana Croissant French Toast.
Who needs boring ‘ole bread when you can use croissants instead? Am I right?
How To Make This Croissant French Toast
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
Add the bananas, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir lightly to combine. Saute for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until bananas turn golden brown. Remove to a separate plate.
Wipe the skillet with a damp paper towel and set back on the burner, turning the heat off.
In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
Dunk two croissant slices into egg mixture and press to coat.
Place the slices onto the skillet and turn the burner back on to medium heat. Cook the french toast for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining croissant slices.
Serve croissants with caramelized bananas and a dusting of powdered sugar and maple syrup, if desired.
- If you want save a little time, you can whisk the egg mixture together while the bananas are cooking. Then there should be no need to turn off the burner between steps.
- There’s no need to completely clean the skillet between cooking the bananas and the french toast. Just carefully wipe it down with a damp paper towel to get any large residue off and you’re good to go!
- When you start cooking the croissant slices, it may take 4 or 5 minutes per side to get golden brown depending on much heat your pan holds. As the pan gets hotter again, it will take slightly less time.
- Don’t want your french toast too sweet? Simply omit the sugar from the egg mixture.
- Want something a bit more decadent? Try using half and half to replace the milk.
- If you want to turn this into a dessert, add more fun toppings! Try it with caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, or even a fresh scoop of whipped cream.
Combine everything together and you have the most decadently delicious, out-of-this-world, crazy good Cinnamon Banana Croissant French Toast. If you’re not convinced that french toast can be delicious, then this recipe will do the trick!
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Pumpkin French Toast Cups with Cinnamon Streusel
- Apple Pie Pop Tarts
- Blueberry French Toast Overnight Oats
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
did you make and love this recipe? give it your review below and make sure to follow along with me on facebook and instagram to get other great recipe ideas!
Cinnamon Banana Croissant French Toast
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large bananas sliced
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Croissant French Toast
- 1 cup milk any kind (I used 2%)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large croissants sliced horizontally
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add bananas, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir lightly to combine. Saute for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until bananas turn golden brown. Remove to a separate plate.
- Wipe skillet with a damp paper towel and place it back on the burner, turning the burner off.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Dunk two croissant slices into egg mixture and press to coat.
- Place onto skillet and turn the burner back on, cooking over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining croissant slices.
- Serve croissants with caramelized bananas and a dusting of powdered sugar and maple syrup, if desired.