Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
Garlic Parmesan Potatoes crisp up beautifully when cooked in an air fryer! Air fryer roast potatoes pair nicely with chicken, pork, burgers, and more!
I’m normally not one to invest in a bunch of kitchen gadgets, as there are so many easy dishes to be made in the oven or on the stovetop. However, I’ve fallen head over heels for my air fryer and use it any chance I get!
Unlike traditional deep frying, air frying relies on well-circulated hot air (plus a teensy bit of oil!) to cook food to crispy perfection.
These garlic parmesan potatoes are my latest creation. Halved baby potatoes are generously seasoned, then coated in Parmesan cheese before being air fried.
The result is ultra crispy garlic Parm potatoes in less than 20 minutes. This recipe makes four servings, but I almost wish I’d made a smaller batch because I couldn’t stop nibbling on the leftover potatoes after dinner!
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
This air fryer roast potatoes recipe calls for just three simple ingredients, plus some herbs and spices. Here’s everything you’ll need to make garlic Parmesan potatoes in an air fryer:
- Baby potatoes
- Olive oil
- Herbs and spices (garlic powder, dried thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Potatoes in an Air Fryer
Air fryer baby potatoes are incredibly easy to make, but using an air fryer can take some practice. For example, you don’t want to overload the air fryer or else the potatoes won’t crisp up. I had to cook the potatoes in a few batches, and that’s okay!
Here’s a look at how the garlic Parm potatoes are made:
Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
In a large bowl, add the halved potatoes and olive oil. Toss to coat.
Add the spices and Parmesan cheese. Toss to coat, ensuring each potato is coated in seasonings.
Place the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry for 10 minutes.
Remove the basket, shake, and fry for another 3-5 minutes, or until fork tender.
Remove from the air fryer and top with more Parmesan cheese, if desired.
How to Achieve Truly Crispy Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
For super crispy potatoes, it’s important that they remain in a single layer when cooking. You may need to cook the potatoes in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
What Size Air Fryer Should I Use?
I used a 5.8 qt air fryer to make this recipe. If your air fryer is smaller than mine, you’ll just have to cook the potatoes in batches as I mentioned above.
What to Serve with Garlic Parm Potatoes
Serve these air fryer baby potatoes with chicken, pork, burgers, or steak! Here are some main dishes that pair well with the roast potatoes:
- Baked Chicken Tenders
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- Honey Garlic Chicken Legs
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin
- Turkey Panini
Tips for Making Air Fryer Roast Potatoes
- Be sure to halve the baby potatoes before adding them to the air fryer. If you leave them whole, they’ll take much longer to cook through.
- I recommend grating the Parmesan cheese yourself. The texture and flavor will be better if you do so.
- I highly recommend garnishing the potatoes with chopped fresh parsley prior to serving them. The pop of fresh flavor livens up the whole dish!
Looking for More Easy Potato Side Dishes? I’ve Got You Covered!
- Roasted Cinnamon Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Instant Pot Garlic Herb Potatoes
- Parmesan Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, add halved potatoes and olive oil. Toss to coat. Add garlic powder, thyme, salt, paprika, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Toss to coat, ensuring each potato is coated in seasonings.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry for 10 minutes. Remove basket, shake, and fry for another 3-5 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove from air fryer and top with more Parmesan cheese, if desired.