Garlic Lemon Tilapia
Garlic Lemon Tilapia is an easy, one pan dish that’s ready in just 20 minutes. Featuring a blend of melted butter, garlic and lemon, this recipe is flavorful, low carb, gluten-free, and perfect for dinner!
Garlic Lemon Tilapia
Tender, flaky, and flavorful fish has always been a favorite of mine.
I’m a seafood lover and am not picky when it comes to this cuisine. From this maple glazed salmon to that lemon garlic salmon and sheet pan garlic herb salmon, I love it all.
So, it’s time to mix it up with an easy, oven baked tilapia recipe.
This lemon garlic tilapia recipe is is one of the simplest, yet oh-so tasty recipes that you can find around here. Made in one pan, with a just a few ingredients and less than 15 minutes in the oven. How good does that sound?
Melted butter, lemon juice, garlic and a few seasonings make up the delicious glaze. This healthy baked tilapia recipe is perfect for even the pickiest of eater and will quickly become a new favorite.
Ingredients in Garlic Lemon Tilapia:
- Tilapia fillets (fresh or frozen)
- Salt and pepper
- Dried oregano
- Unsalted butter
- Lemon juice
- Minced garlic
- Lemon slices
How to Bake Tilapia:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Add tilapia in an even layer on bottom of dish and season with salt, pepper, oregano, and paprika. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk melted butter, lemon juice, and minced garlic. Pour evenly over each fillet. Top each fillet with 1-2 lemon slices.
Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until tilapia is tender and flakes easily. Spoon additional sauce from dish over each fillet and serve immediately.
Can You Cook Tilapia From Frozen?
You can use fresh or frozen tilapia in this dish. If using frozen fillets, thaw in a bowl of cold water for several minutes. You may need to add 2-3 minutes to the cooking time, depending on how frozen the fillets are.
How Long to Bake Tilapia:
You want the filets to be cooked through to an internal temperature of 145°F. Tilapia cooks quickly, so it’s best to check it at the 10-12 minute mark. The fish should flake easily with a fork and be white and opaque in color.
How Long to Bake Tilapia in Foil:
If you’re looking to grill the fillets, foil is a great option. Prepare the tilapia as directed, but wrap each fillet in foil, pour the glaze over fish, seal, and then bake from 14-18 minutes or so on the grill over medium heat until fillets flake easily.
How to Store This Dish:
Allow tilapia to cool to room temperature and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
How to Reheat:
The best way to reheat this fish is by using the oven. Cook in a 350°F oven for 8-10 minutes or until fillets are warmed through.
What Should I Serve with Easy Baked Tilapia?
I love serving tilapia with a simple side, such as a green salad or a quick veggie dish.
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots
- Garlic Lemon Broccoli
- Baked Cheesy Cauliflower
- Parmesan Herb Sweet Potatoes
- Corn Souffle
Looking For More One Pan Recipes? I’ve Got You Covered!
- Easy Taco Pasta
- One Pan Beef Stroganoff
- Sausage Gnocchi
- One Pan Chicken and Rice
- Creamy Ground Beef Pasta
- One Pan Pizza Pasta
Garlic Lemon Tilapia
- 4 medium tilapia fillets
- Salt and black pepper, (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, (juice from about 1 lemon)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lemon, sliced, (for topping, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add tilapia in an even layer on bottom of dish and season with salt, pepper, oregano, and paprika. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk melted butter, lemon juice, and minced garlic. Pour evenly over each fillet. Top each fillet with 1-2 lemon slices.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until tilapia is tender and flakes easily. Spoon additional sauce from dish over each fillet and serve immediately.
- Tilapia will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Using frozen fillets? See my tips above the recipe box for how to prepare.
- See my tips and tricks for making this Garlic Lemon Tilapia above the recipe box.