Taco Pasta Salad is loaded with Mexican flavors and ready in no time. With a creamy, zesty dressing and all of your favorite toppings, this easy pasta salad is perfect for your next party!
Taco Pasta Salad
Tacos seem to be a universal favorite for most people…am I right? After all, #tacotuesday is a thing and the hubster and I love going out for Mexican food just about any chance we get!
And since it’s officially summer and easy pasta salads are the name of my game, I thought now would be the perfect time to debut this taco pasta salad recipe. Not only is it ready in less than 30 minutes, but it’s packed with zesty flavors. Just what your summer needs!
This taco pasta salad without meat is loaded with classic taco flavors, such as cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese, black beans, corn, and the most delicious creamy taco dressing. It’s like your favorite taco, but with pasta instead of the shell. It’s also big on flavor and little on prep work, which is a win-win in my book.
If you have some parties or bbq’s happening soon, this taco salad for a crowd will hit the spot! It’s makes a lot, can be prepped ahead of time, and is best eaten cold. And I guarantee everyone will love it!
How to make easy Taco Pasta Salad:
- To start, cook about 10 ounces of pasta until al dente, drain, and then rinse under cold water.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the taco salad dressing. In a large bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning.
- Add the pasta to the bowl, along with some cherry tomatoes, black beans, corn, shredded cheese, and cilantro. Mix together and then chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving. The flavors will deepen and become more delicious once it has been chilled.
Variations of Creamy Taco Pasta Salad:
Add some meat! Ground beef, ground turkey, ground chicken, or chorizo would be a tasty addition to this easy salad recipe.
Switch up the taco seasoning! Add some spicy taco seasoning, or a few jalapeños to add some more flavor.
Sprinkle in more of your favorite toppings! Green bell peppers, black olives, or chopped avocado would be a delicious addition.
More cheese, please! Feta or Monterey jack cheese would work well in this pasta salad.
Put some crunch on top! Crush some tortilla chips and sprinkle in right before serving.
What goes with taco salad?
Should taco salad be warm or cold?
This taco salad with pasta should be served cold, so it’s best to chill for at least two hours before serving so the flavors can deepen and blend together.
How long does this easy taco pasta salad last?
While it’s best eaten within the first day, as the dressing tends to become less creamy over time, it will last in the refrigerator for up to five days. I actually prefer eating this salad on the second and third days, as the flavors seem to be the strongest then.
Looking for more taco inspired recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Cheesy Taco Cups
- Honey Barbecue Pork Tacos
- Black Bean Taco Quinoa Skillet
- Baked Chicken Ranch Taquitos
Taco Pasta Salad
- 10 ounces pasta such as rotini, cavatappi, etc.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 envelope (1.25 ounce) taco seasoning any kind
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 can (11 ounce) corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and then rinse under cold water.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare the dressing. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, taco seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add drained pasta, tomatoes, corn, black beans, cheese, and cilantro. Stir well to combine. Add more salt, pepper, and/or cilantro if needed.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving so that flavors can deepen and pasta chills.
- Taco pasta salad will last in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- See my tips and tricks for making this pasta salad above the recipe box.