Corned Beef Hash and Eggs
This Corned Beef Hash and Eggs is filled with tender potatoes, chunks of corned beef, green peppers, and spices. It’s topped with eggs and a sprinkling of cheese, and then baked to perfection. If you’re looking for a zesty breakfast or brunch option, then you’ll love this flavorful skillet!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HowDoYouHash #CollectiveBias
The first time I made corned beef, I spent about an hour trimming the fat off before I placed it into the slow cooker. Epic fail.
I was almost in tears of frustration because it took so long to do…and I vowed never to make corned beef again. Until the following year, that is.
But, I became wiser the next time. I just plopped the corned beef right in the slow cooker, without removing the fat. And you know what? It just flaked away just by using a fork once it was ready. If you’ve never made a corned beef before, then you probably don’t know what I’m talking about. But if you have, then maybe the layer of fat on the hunk of meat frustrates you, too.
And now that St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, I’m getting a taste for corned beef again. And this time, I thought I’d switch it up and make a breakfast dish. And go the easier route. After all, I’m all about the easy recipes!
After shopping at Walmart a few weeks ago, I stumbled across HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash. Since I knew this would be the star ingredient of my breakfast, I decided to stock up on a few cans. It’s a convenient way to treat yourself to “special occasion” breakfast or brunch that you might not have every day.
By featuring quality ingredients that are flavorful and hearty, you can skip the time consuming process of preparing corned beef and whip up and easy and delicious dish by using HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash.
And that’s exactly what I decided to do. Since I could eat breakfast for pretty much every meal of the day, I decided to make this canned Corned Beef Hash and Eggs for the hubster and I. It serves as a delicious “brinner” or breakfast or dinner! Or, of course, for breakfast or brunch, too.
Ingredients in Corned Beef Hash and Eggs
This corned beef hash and eggs is filled with tender potatoes, chunks of corned beef, green peppers, and spices. It’s topped with eggs and a sprinkling of cheese, and then baked to perfection. If you’re looking for a zesty breakfast or brunch option, then you’ll love this flavorful skillet!
To make the corned beef hash with eggs, you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Green bell pepper
- HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Corned Beef Hash and Eggs
Like most of my recipes, this skillet is a breeze to whip up! From start to finish, you can have this dish prepped, baked and ready to be devoured in about 30 minutes.
How about that for a delicious breakfast? And if you’re anything like me, you’ll be eating this skillet for breakfast, lunch and dinner…it’s just that good! Here’s an overview of how to make corned beef hash with canned corned beef:
- To start, you’ll sauté a diced, green pepper in a cast iron skillet.
- Once the pepper is tender, add in the HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash and some seasonings. Gently stir to combine.
- Next, you’ll top the hash with four eggs and a sprinkling of cheese. I used a blend of shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
- Pop the skillet into the oven and bake until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted.
- Top with some salt, pepper, and parsley, if desired, and dig in!
One bite and you’ll be hooked on the delicious taste of this canned corned beef and eggs. The potatoes and corned beef and seasoned to perfection, while the eggs and cheese provide the finishing touch.
What to Serve with a Corned Beef Hash Breakfast
This corned beef and eggs recipe is a meal in an of itself, but you can certainly bulk it up with a few sides. Some ideas are:
- Fresh fruit or fruit salad
- Crusty bread or toast
- Homemade biscuits
- Additional hash browns or breakfast potatoes
- Coffee cake
If you’re looking for that perfect, St. Patrick’s Day dish, or just want a special breakfast to prepare, then I guarantee you’ll love this skillet, flavored with HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash!
Tips for Making Corned Beef Hash with Eggs
- The canned corned beef hash already contains onions and potatoes, but you’re welcome to add extra to the skillet to amp up the flavor.
- I prefer using green bell pepper in this recipe because its flavor holds up to the seasoned corned beef and eggs. However, you can use any color of bell pepper you’d like.
- Once prepared, I recommend eating the corned beef and eggs immediately. The eggs don’t keep well as leftovers.
Looking for more egg breakfast recipes?
- Baked Eggs with Rosemary and Thyme
- Mini Sausage Quiches
- Easy Breakfast Quesadillas
- Turkey Egg Cups
- Marinara Baked Eggs
Corned Beef Hash and Eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cans HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet or regular skillet. Add green pepper and sauté until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Heat over low heat for about 1-2 minutes.
- Crack eggs on top of hash, in an even layer. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until eggs are set to your liking and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with additional salt, pepper and parsley, if desired.