This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Thank you for supporting the brands and companies that help make Pumpkin ‘N Spice possible!
This Parmesan Basil Shrimp and Rice is packed with tender shrimp and fluffy white rice, enveloped with a Parmesan and basil cream sauce. It’s easy to make and ready in less than 20 minutes!
It seems I have trouble creating a dish that does not include Parmesan or garlic.
Do you blame me? I throw garlic in practically everything dish that I cook. And cheese? Well, that’s a necessity, too. If I’m not using mozzarella, most likely I’ll add in some Parmesan. What can I say? It’s the name of my game and I’m not one bit sorry.
So for today’s recipe, I decided to add in a twist with some Parmesan and basil. Yes, I did still include garlic, but basil took over as the star of the show for today. Along with Parmesan, of course.
And since I’m all about the easy recipes here at Pumpkin ‘N Spice, this Parmesan Basil Shrimp and Rice would make a delicious addition to your weeknight dinner rotation.
This Parmesan Basil Shrimp and Rice is packed with tender shrimp and fluffy white rice, enveloped with a Parmesan and basil cream sauce. It’s easy to make and ready in less than 20 minutes. If you’re looking for a new dish for dinner, then this is it!
The hubster and I love any type of seafood, and whenever we want a quick dinner, we often turn to salmon or shrimp. And since it’s been a while since I prepared a rice dish, I thought the combination of a creamy, zesty sauce would pair perfectly with some shrimp.
To make this Parmesan Basil Shrimp and Rice, I turned to Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk. It is staple product in my kitchen and one that I love and trust. I knew it would serve as the perfect base for the rich and creamy sauce.
To start, you’ll want to prepare the rice according to the package directions and then set aside. Then, you’ll melt some butter in a large skillet, sauté some garlic, and then add in the shrimp. Once the shrimp is opaque and heated through, it’s time to stir in the rice.
Then comes the fun part, the Parmesan basil cream sauce! You’ll add in the shredded Parmesan cheese, fresh basil, salt, pepper and Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almond Milk Original Unsweetened. Give it a stir and heat until creamy and warm.
And that’s it! This Parmesan Basil Shrimp and Rice is ready to be devoured! With hardly any prep work and just a few simple ingredients, you can have this dish on your dinner table in no time. And I guarantee you’ll love it just as much as I do!
Looking for more seafood dishes? I’ve got you covered!
Parmesan Basil Shrimp and Rice
- 1½ cups dry white rice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almond Milk Original Unsweetened or milk of choice
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through and pink. Stir in rice and mix well.
- Add Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, pepper and Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almond Milk Original Unsweetened to shrimp. Stir until rice thickens and becomes creamy.
- Remove from heat and garnish with additional basil, if desired. Serve immediately.