Garlic Parmesan Zoodles and Shrimp
These Garlic Parmesan Zoodles and Shrimp are a healthier, one pan meal that’s low carb and packed with flavor. Tender zucchini noodles are tossed with shrimp and seasoned with savory garlic and creamy Parmesan cheese. Made in one pan and ready in less than 20 minutes, this meal is perfect for busy weeknights!
I’ve got oodles of zoodles comin’ your way today! And just for the record, I love that saying. When I first made this recipe back in April, I kept saying “oodles of zoodles” as I was making this. It’s the little things in life that make you happy, right?
Anyways, how is your summer going so far? Can you believe that we’re already in August?
Although time is moving way too quickly (I always say that, don’t I?), this month has some fun things coming up! It’s birthday month (my birthday, my brother’s birthday, my sister-in-law’s birthday, just to name a few), as well as more fun in the sun, a mini weekend getaway, and some more summer festivities. I just gotta cram it all in while I can, ya know?
I’m keeping things light and simple since we should all be enjoying the summer sun. Am I right? Plus, zoodles (oodles of zoodles!) just screams summer deliciousness.
I’ve been hooked on zoodles lately and I just can’t seem to get enough. And let’s not forget about the shrimp. It goes along perfectly with the fresh zoodles, while keeping this dish light and fresh.
Ingredients for Zoodles and Shrimp
You all know that I love anything with a garlic Parmesan combo (see here, here, and here) so it was a no-brainer to combine those flavors, along with zoodles. Low carb, healthier, and still packed with flavor? What’s not to love about these Garlic Parmesan Zoodles with Shrimp?
Here’s what you’ll need to make this zoodle recipe with shrimp:
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Can I Use Chicken Instead?
Yes! If you’re not a fan of shrimp, feel free to swap it out with chicken, or forgo the meat entirely. This dish is extremely versatile and one of my favorites for a light and easy meal.
How to Make Zoodles and Shrimp
I imagine this recipe is what shrimp scampi with zoodles would taste like! Here’s how to make it:
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for about one minute.
Add zucchini noodles and cook until slightly tender.
Season with salt and pepper, remove to a separate plate and set aside.
In the same skillet, add shrimp and cook until heated through and pink.
Add zoodles back to skillet, along with Parmesan cheese. Gently toss to coat and remove from heat.
If you have loads of zucchini just hanging around your kitchen, then you’ll love this simple Garlic Parmesan Zoodles with Shrimp. Easy, flavorful, and perfect for a quick weeknight meal!
Can You Freeze Zoodles?
Technically, yes. However, zucchini has a high water content, which means frozen zoodles are often soft and mushy once thawed.
How to Make Zoodles Without a Spiralizer
Obviously, making zoodles is easiest with an actual spiralizer. But if you don’t have one, you can still make this dish! Here are a few ways to make zucchini noodles without a spiralizer:
- Use a mandoline (you’ll need to use the julienne blade)
- Use a handheld spiralizer (sold at most grocery stores for under $10)
- Use a box grater (the noodles will be much shorter)
- Use a potato peeler (this will make lasagna-like zoodles)
- Buy pre-made zoodles (most grocery stores sell them in the refrigerated section nowadays, but they’re pricey)
Tips for Making Shrimp Zoodles
- Be sure not to cook the zucchini noodles too long, otherwise they will become mushy.
- You can use fresh or frozen shrimp. Just make sure to buy raw shrimp, otherwise you might wind up overcooking them.
- I don’t recommend making this dish in advance as cooked zoodles become mushy in the fridge.
Looking for more 30 Minute Meals? I’ve got you covered!
- Skillet Gnocchi with Brussels Sprouts
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Easy Salisbury Steak
- Baked Ranch Chicken Taquitos
- Spinach and Feta Tortellini
Garlic Parmesan Zoodles with Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about one minute.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly tender. Be sure not to cook too long, otherwise zoodles will become mushy. Season with salt and pepper, remove to a separate plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add shrimp (and more olive oil, if needed) and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until heated through and pink.
- Add zoodles back to skillet, along with Parmesan cheese. Gently toss to coat and remove from heat. Serve immediately.
Oodles of zoodles is definitely fun to say 😉 The little things, right?? Such a light and healthy recipe perfect for summer. I can’t believe we are over half way through August. It’s seriously unreal. I’m starting to see advertisements for fall stuff now and just last night I was at a craft store and they had Halloween AND Christmas stuff out!!! Crazy, huh?! Enjoy the warm weather while we can!! Pinning this yumminess! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!
Thanks, Dawn! The summer is definitely flying by way too fast. Life needs to come with a pause button! 🙂
Oodles of zoodles could be the most fun saying in the entire UNIVERSE, Gayle! 🙂 The only thing better than saying ‘oodles of zoodles’? EATING them! This dish looks absolutely delicious! So light and fresh, which is my idea of food perfection! PLUS, I mean, anything with garlic and parmesan just screams my name! And I happen to love me some shrimp! Obviously this needs to get in mah belly. IMMEDIATELY! Pinned! Cheers, friend! <3
Haha it is a fun saying, right? 🙂 Thanks for the sweet comment and pin, friend!
Isn’t it funny how families seem to have so many same-month birthdays?! I see it all the time! I literally made my first zoodle recipe this year and I loved it! I love your addition of the shrimp here! So light and summery! Pinned!
Aren’t zoodles the best? Thanks, Annie!
So much deliciousness!!! Even my kids will eat zoodles if I serve them with enough Parmesan, butter and garlic. And you can never go wrong with shrimp. Looks like the perfect light meal for the season!
Thanks, Blair! Garlic and parmesan makes everything better!
Sounds like a fun month, enjoy the rest of the summer Gayle! These noodles look fantastic! My kind of meal, can’t wait to try them!
Thank you, Mira!
I am yet to try zoodles, definitely on my “must try” list! love this fresh dish, perfect for summer!
Thanks, Manali! You would love zoodles!
This is actually one of my favorite low carb recipes. I love it with fried garlic and lots of parmesan cheese served with garlic butter toast.
After reading your post, I am now craving for one. Will definitely make one soon.
Thanks, Sheila! Hope you like this if you try it!
I just made this dish for dinner. It was so delicious!
I’m so glad you liked this, Patti! Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know how it turned out!