This Creamy Skillet Lasagna is an easy dish that the whole family will enjoy. Filled with hearty ingredients and made in a skillet, this pasta contains all of the flavors of classic lasagna, but without all of the prep work!
We’re less than two weeks away from Christmas! Can you believe it? I’m starting to kick it into high gear by finishing my shopping, wrapping presents (actually, the hubster does that), and putting the finishing touches on my holiday dessert list.
Even though I don’t host Christmas Eve or Christmas Day festivities, I like to come fully prepared with some delicious goodies to share. After all, my family kind of expects that since I’m a food blogger, so I’m making sure to include these cookies and those donuts.
And in between the hustle and bustle of the holiday season comes those every day tasks that just need to get done. Like cleaning, laundry, and making dinner.
This easy Skillet Lasagna is an easy dish that the whole family will enjoy. Filled with hearty ingredients and made in a skillet, this pasta contains all of the flavors of classic lasagna, but without all of the prep work!
If you’ve been hanging around here long enough, then you know that I’m all about the easy recipes. I’m happy to report that this bowtie pasta recipe is perfect for a weeknight or holiday dinner. It’s simple to make and full of flavor. It’ll definitely please the pickiest of eaters and will be a true holiday favorite.
By using spaghetti sauce, ground beef, bowtie noodles, sour cream and spices, this cozy dish is ready with minimal prep work, but with all of the classic lasagna flavor.
Ingredients for Skillet Lasagna
This bow tie pasta dish has a simple ingredients list. Here’s what you’ll need to make skillet lasagna:
- Ground beef
- Bow tie pasta
- Olive oil
- Spaghetti sauce (I used Prego)
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Skillet Lasagna
Did I mention that this Creamy Bowtie Lasagna is so simple to prepare? Here are the basic steps:
- You’ll start out by browning the ground beef and cooking the noodles.
- After the noodles are cooked, add in the Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce, ground beef, sour cream and spices.
- Fold it all together, top with some mozzarella cheese, and your dinner is ready to be devoured.
This Creamy Skillet Lasagna is hearty, comforting, and just the dish to serve for your next holiday get-together or weeknight dinner. With simple ingredients and a robust taste, you’ll be making this dish over and over again!
Can I Use Another Type of Pasta?
Of course! Any short, sturdy pasta will work. Penne, macaroni, and fusilli would all work too.
Can I Make This Vegetarian?
Easily! Instead of using ground beef, add some finely chopped veggies to the skillet and sauté them before adding in the remaining ingredients.
Tips for Making Skillet Lasagna
- Be sure to salt the water the pasta cooks in. You want the pasta itself to have some flavor too!
- I used ground beef for that classic lasagna flavor, but ground pork, sausage, turkey, or chicken may all be substituted.
- Cook the pasta just until al dente, otherwise it’ll fall apart in the hearty sauce.
Looking for more easy pasta recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- One Pan Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms
- Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
- Tomato Basil Pasta with Italian Sausage
- Creamy Ground Beef Pasta
Creamy Skillet Lasagna
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 ounces bow tie noodles uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (24 ounce) spaghetti sauce any kind
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain, cook, and crumble. Set aside.
- While ground beef is browning, boil noodles according to packaged directions until al dente. Drain noodles and then toss with olive oil to prevent from sticking. Set aside.
- Add spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to ground beef. Mix well, cover, and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove cover, add in noodles, sour cream and cheese. Fold together and let cheese melt slightly. Serve immediately.