These Nutella Pancake Bites are a quick and easy breakfast that’s packed with flavor. A Greek yogurt pancake batter is filled with Nutella and then baked until fluffy and golden. No flipping or heating a griddle is required, as you can have these bites ready in no time!
It’s time to break out the Nutella, friends! It’s been just a little too long since I’ve baked with Nutella, so I’m changing that today.
And, of course, it’s no secret that Nutella and I are practically best friends! From these Strawberry Nutella Overnight Oats, to those Brownie Bites with Nutella Frosting, these Mint Nutella Energy Bites and Pumpkin Nutella Muffins, I love it all.
And you know what else I love? Pancakes! My Strawberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes and Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes are two of the most popular recipes on Pumpkin ‘N Spice, and for good reason! They’re soft, thick, fluffy, and on the healthier side. What’s not to love?
So, I decided to get a little creative today and take my greek yogurt pancake batter and make it into pancake bites. Specifically, these Nutella Pancake Bites!
While I l-o-v-e pancakes, sometimes I seriously hate the flipping part! They end up lopsided, too spread out, and just not pretty. But with these little pancake muffins, no flipping is involved! Simply make the batter like normal, and then pour into mini muffin tins. How easy is that?!
And because I used the same batter as in my Strawberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes, the bites are on the healthier side, too. Until the Nutella is added in, but who’s counting?
What Makes These Nutella Pancake Bites So Good
- These mini pancake bites are a quick and easy breakfast that’s packed with flavor.
- They’re a breeze to whip up. You can have this prepped and ready to pop in the oven in less than 10 minutes. No flipping or heating a griddle required!
- The pancake batter is made with Greek yogurt so it gives you a little protein for your breakfast! Plus it bakes up fluffy and golden.
- These mini pancakes are filled with ooey-gooey Nutella, which is even more decadent when they’re straight from the oven or warmed in the microwave for that gooey factor.
Ingredients in Nutella Pancake Bites
To make these muffin tin pancake bites, you’ll need the following:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Nutella Pancake Bites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray two 24 count mini muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray then set them aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fill each muffin tin 1/4 of the way full. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella into each tin. Top each tin with remaining batter, filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until center of the pancake muffin is set and lightly golden.
- Remove the tins from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with sliced strawberries and powdered sugar or maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe Variations to Try
- There are lots of serving options with these mini pancake bites! Use a sliced strawberry and a dusting of powdered sugar, cover them with maple syrup, or eat them plain right out of the oven!
- Not a fan of Nutella? You can use melted chocolate instead, in the same quantity.
- Want a double dose of chocolate? Try adding a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the pancake dough!
One bite of these mini Nutella pancakes and I guarantee you’ll be hooked! Easy to make and even better to eat, these were made for pancake and Nutella lovers everywhere!
Can Nutella Pancake Bites Be Prepped in Advance?
I’m not sure, as I’ve only ever served these Nutella-stuffed pancake bites right away. I imagine you could make them as directed, then reheat them in the oven later.
Tips for Making Pancake Bites
- Don’t forget to spray the muffin tin! If you don’t, these little pancake muffins will tear when you try to take them out.
- Only fill each tin about 3/4 of the way full. If you fill it more than that, the little pancake muffins will run over the edge and start to combine with each other.
- Stir the dough until just combined! If you over mix the dough, it can make the pancake muffins tough or gummy.
Looking for more easy pancake recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Strawberry Cinnamon Pancake Casserole
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Banana Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Pancakes
Nutella Pancake Bites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk any kind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Nutella or hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray two 24 count mini muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fill each muffin tin 1/4 full. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella into each tin. Top each tin with remaining batter, filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until center is set and lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with sliced strawberries and powdered sugar or maple syrup, if desired.
Whoa! These are amazing! I don’t even need one bite to be hooked…I’m hooked just looking at them!
Dawn - Girl Heart Food says
What a brilliant idea, Gayle!! And you really can’t go wrong with pancakes for breakfast and then add Nutella to the mix? YES please! I love how bite sized these are, but, truth be told, I know I’m going to be poppin’, like, a million of these , lol 😀 Love the sliced strawberry garnish cause strawberry + Nutella = super yum! Pinned, of course. Happy Monday!
Nutella makes everything better, right? Thanks for the sweet comment!
Blair @ The Seasoned Mom says
Anything that involves Nutella is a guaranteed winner in our house! For a bunch of pancake-loving kids, this is the ULTIMATE breakfast treat!
For sure, nutella makes everything better! Thanks, Blair!
Cheyanne @ No Spoon Necessary says
OMG, these bites are just PERFECT, Gayle!!! I love pancakes, but the flipping part definitely gives me anxiety if I’m making them for the blog! 😉 I mean, I could care less if they are perfect if I’m eating them, but when showing other people? UGH, right? Obviously these are just genius! I love that you used Greek yogurt in the batter! And you can NEVER go wrong with Nutella!! Pinned! Cheers, dear! <3
Isn’t flipping the worst? I always get so nervous when I’m about to do that! 🙂 Thanks for the sweet comment, Cheyanne!
Aren’t these just the cutest things? I love pancakes but sometimes I’m just not in the mood for all that flipping. This is the perfect way to avoid that, and topping them with Nutella and strawberries sounds amazing!!
Thanks, Marcie! I hate the flipping part too, which is why bites are so perfect!
Kate @ Framed Cooks says
These. Are. Adorable! And it’s been too too too long since I had me some Nutella!
Demeter | Beaming Baker says
Nutella is always a huge crowd-pleaser! And correct me if I’m wrong, these little beauties totally qualify under your latest super cute mini kick! They’re adorable–and you KNOW I love a good drizzle! Plus, this is totally the perfect excuse to have dessert for breakfast. What’s not to love? Pinned! Wishing you an awesome week ahead, Gayle! 🙂
Aww thanks, Demeter! You got that right…these do qualify for fun mini foods! 🙂 Hope you have a great rest of your week!
pancake bites? Yes please! these sound amazing Gayle!
Thank you, Manali!
These little bites look so soft & fluffy & puffy! And delicious! haha I haven’t bought nutella in sooo long (cannot be trusted with it!) but you are making me re-think that! 🙂
Thanks, Ashley! Haha I can’t really be trusted with Nutella either…luckily I used most of it for these bites! 🙂
I love these stuffed pancake bites! Such a great idea and they’re totally adorable! My kiddos would polish these off in no time! And yay for no flipping too!
Thanks, Kelly! I’m a sucker for mini foods! 🙂
Holy moly these look delicious and have been pinned! I also dislike flipping pancakes… And it’s been WAY too long since I’ve broken out the Nutella!
Thanks for the pancake love, Sues!
Pamela @BrooklynFarmGirl says
They look so good!
This nutella break is more like a permanent fix! Love these bite size pancakes! just perfect! and so beautifully topped with strawberries! yum
Thanks for the pancake love, Gaila! Isn’t nutella the best?
The absolute best! ????????????????????
Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps says
Oh my gosh, these are SO cute! My entire family (including my 15 month old) would go crazy for them!
Thank you, Nicole!
What a great idea! These look amazing! Can’t wait to try them!
This is quite lovely! And it looks so great! Definitely a winner.
Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by!
Rachelle @ Beer Girl Cooks says
What a fantastic idea to stuff pancakes with Nutella! I’m in love with the mini bite size!
Mini bites are the best! 🙂 Thanks, Rachelle!
Wow, great recipe and idea. These look delish and incredibly easy to make. I will definitely try it!
Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by, Mira!
Can you substitute gluten free flour?
Hi Claire! I’ve never tried that before, so I’m not sure how it would turn out. You could definitely try, though! Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy!
Just finding these and they look amazing. Thank you for posting. Could these be made ahead? I’m doing a baby shower brunch and I need as much as possible done ahead.
Hi Jackie! I’ve never made this ahead, but I wouldn’t see why these wouldn’t turn out. I hope you love these if you try them!
Speigel Jackie says
Gayle, thank you for your reply. I guess my other question is, do they need to be hot to be good? Many thanks, Jackie
Hi Jackie! I’ve only ever eaten them warm, so I can’t say for sure.
Can these be made ahead & frozen? Prepping for a holiday brunch this weekend & trying to get some items done in advance.
Hi Kathleen! I’ve never tried to make these ahead or freeze them, so I honestly have no idea how it would turn out. I would think maybe you could make the batter ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to bake? Just a guess though. Hope you love them if you try them!