Easy Banana Pancakes
Simple Banana Pancakes are light, fluffy, and easy to make. Top with some sliced bananas, a touch of butter and maple syrup for a deliciously simple breakfast!
Quick and Easy Banana Pancakes
I’ve got a major love for homemade pancakes.
And these homemade banana pancakes are my absolute favorite. These turn out thick and fluffy, with a sweet banana bread taste. What could be better?
In fact, my husband, who will only eat a banana as-is (he doesn’t enjoy banana bread, banana cakes, etc.) loved these pancakes. I made a big batch and he had them for breakfast throughout the week. And if that’s not a win right there, I don’t know what is!
If you’re looking for deliciously simple banana pancakes, then you’ve come to the right place. These are so good, that I often freeze these for when we want breakfast in a hurry. And with a drizzle of maple syrup and some sliced bananas, your simple breakfast is ready to be devoured.
Ingredients in Simple Banana Pancakes
To make these quick and easy banana pancakes, gather the following ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Ripe bananas
- Unsalted butter
How to Make Banana Pancakes
This is such a simple banana pancake recipe. The batter takes not even 5 minutes to whisk together, and then you’re ready to start cooking!
Here’s an overview of how the fluffy banana pancakes are made:
- To start, in a medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir mashed bananas, eggs, milk, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as you want the pancakes to turn out light, not dense.
- Melt butter in a large skillet or electric griddle. Pour batter by the ¼ cupful onto hot skillet and cook until the edges are set and bubbles for in the center of pancakes.
- Flip and cook until browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat process with the rest of batter.
Can You Freeze Banana Pancakes?
Freezing pancakes are a great idea for when you want a quick and easy breakfast.
Let the pancakes cool completely and then place in a stack, with each pancake lined with parchment paper, so they don’t stick together. Place pancakes into a ziploc bag or freezer-safe container and freeze for up to three months.
How to Reheat Pancakes
To reheat these easy banana pancakes, place in the microwave and heat for 15-30 seconds, or until warmed through.
My Go-To Pancake Toppings
I love to top these simple banana pancakes with some softened butter, a drizzle of syrup, and some fresh fruit. These banana pancakes would also be delicious with a touch of powdered sugar, a drizzle of honey, or caramel sauce!
Recipe Variations to Try
Since the banana spice pancakes are so simple, you can use this as a base recipe for all sorts of pancake creations!
- Add chocolate chips. The pancakes are already very sweet, so I recommend using dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Add nuts. Chopped walnuts pair perfectly with banana pancakes.
- Amp up the spices. These are very lightly spiced pancakes, so feel free to add extra cinnamon. You can also add nutmeg, allspice, ground ginger, you name it.
- Add blueberries. Banana blueberry pancakes sound delish, don’t they?
- Swirl with Nutella.After you’ve added the pancake batter to the hot griddle, quickly and carefully swirl a dollop of Nutella into the center of the pancake.
Tips for the Best Banana Pancakes
- Use very ripe bananas for extra sweetness. The more ripe (brown spots) your bananas have, the sweet the pancakes will be.
- Don’t overmix the pancake batter. You want light and fluffy pancakes, so mix the batter until it’s just combined.
- Once you flip the pancakes when cooking, resist the urge to flatten it with your flipper. Doing this will result in a denser, less airy pancake, not what you are looking for!
- Want round, extra fluffy pancakes like these photos? Use a pancake ring! It works well for eggs, pancakes, biscuits, and more!
What to Serve with Banana Pancakes
Since the banana spice pancakes are quite sweet, I prefer pairing them with a savory side dish or entree. Here are some serving suggestions for these simple banana pancakes:
Looking for More Easy Pancake Recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Strawberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Banana Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Nutella Pancake Bites
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Baked Pancakes
An Easy Video Tutorial for Banana Pancakes:
Easy Banana Pancakes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk, any kind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- More butter or oil, for greasing pan
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, stir mashed bananas, eggs, milk, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, otherwise your pancakes will be dense.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Pour batter by ¼ cupful into skillet and cook until edges are set and bubbles form in the center of pancakes, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned, about 1 minute. Repeat process with rest of butter and pancakes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, if desired.
- Want round, extra thick and fluffy pancakes? Use a pancake ring! Pour batter right into the ring, and when ready to flip, remove the ring. It will keep the pancakes round and thick.
- See my tips and tricks for making these Easy Banana Pancakes above the recipe box.