This Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese takes just minutes to prepare, contains two types of cheese, and is creamy, hearty, and delicious!
Even though winter and I aren’t the best of friends, it does bring me joy within the kitchen. Sounds strange, but the cold weather gives me the perfect excuse to whip up some delicious and hearty meals. Not that I don’t do this in the warmer months, but with the weather being frigid, I get creative with those foods that warm you right up and make you forget about the cold and snow.
Yields 6-8 servings
This Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese takes just minutes to prepare, contains two types of cheese, and is creamy, hearty, and delicious.
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 (16 ounces) pound cavatappi shells
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- In a large pot, cook noodles in boil water until al dente, per packaged directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium pot, melt butter. Then whisk in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly add milk and heavy cream, whisking until combined.
- Heat mixture until it bubbles over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add in cheeses. Stir until melted.
- Add pasta to cheese mixture and toss to combine.
- Let macaroni and cheese sit for five minutes to thicken.
- Serve with your favorite Marie Callender's pot pie.
Like what you see? Be sure to check out Marie Callender’s on Facebook! Then head out the door to your nearest Walmart to find the collection of warm and hearty pot pies!